1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Schools at Nashville

Discussion in 'Indians in Nashville' started by Shubguru, May 11, 2011.

1. Shubguru

Shubguru New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am from Chennai. There are possibilities for us ( H,W with 2 kids , Eld - Class 9 in India and Yngr - Class - LKG) have plans to move to Nashville as my husband has got a Project there...

Can some tell me about Schools for the Elder and Younger one. Which are the Schools available as we are planning for a min period of 2 years..

Is it fair to move the eldr one as he is in Class 9..

Need your guidance....

Shubashree G

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hey Shuba welcome to IL. As a first step, you need to know where you will be living, by that I mean which county in Nashville. You can get this information from your husband's colleagues. find info like where his office is, what are the possible places you can get to rent with good schools etc. Once you know that, your kids will automatically go to schools in that county - you don't have a choice about that. So gather as much info as you can as a first step.

As for kids, it will be definetly an adjustment. While I don't want to speak like I know it - I have a feeling it will be easier for the younger one. I donot know much about older kids in India - it certainly will be a big culture change for teh older one. Is it possible for you to introduce some older kids here to your child? It is good to prepare him ahead.

Best wishes on your move :thumbsup