1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Schools and Apartments in Arcadia,CA

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by ramyav_cse, Mar 4, 2014.

1. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

We have finally decided to move to Arcadia(close to my work place) from Torrance. We are totally lost on the safe neighborhoods/good school districts/affordable apartments for rent in that area. We are looking for 2BHK apartments in the $1500-$1800 range. My son will be 3 in june and we plan to put him in a montessori until hez 5 and he wl go to a public school there on. So, we will need to be in a good school district as moving frequently is not for us.
    Ofcourse a good indian community will be great but not a strict criteria.

Appreciate any pointers/leads.

TIA
    Ramya

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

67 views and no replies :(

3. Mmehta

Mmehta New IL'ite

Hi,

Arcadia is very nice residential & comparatively safe to move-in. Almost all the school in Arcadia school district are top rated. You will find Indians everywhere in Arcadia...but I have seen more in communities on Huntington Dr & on Duarte Rd. Well what I think, the area specially on Rosemead light on Duarte Rd isn't that safe due to more black crowd. We live on Duarte/Sunset which is good, safe & have friendly environment with mixture of Chinese & Desi people. My son goes to Baldwin Elementary School, which is very nice school.

Arcadia apartments are lil old and most of them doesn't have dishwasher & fridge too. You will easily find 2 B/R in between $1600-$1700 range.

Let me know, if you need more info on this.

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks Mmehta for replying.

We actually are not sure of where to start the hunt. My DS will be 3 in june and ee wanted to put him in a montessori starting june. I googled and saw that Wonder Years Montessori has a good review. Have you heard of this school? Do you have any pointers to where to start looking for apartments? We have alwayz lived in the locality before looking for apartments and traveling over 30 miles just to see an apartment doesnt seem like a feasible option.

5. Mmehta

Mmehta New IL'ite

About the Montessori schools I don't have any idea.

We moved here around 1 yr back. For the apartment search, we started from Huntington Dr and ended on Duarte Rd. We looked for "For Rent" board (here you will find them) outside the communities at Arcadia Ave, Fairview Ave..etc and then narrowed our search based on what we liked. We took 2-3 weekends to finalize this way.

6. visusuguna

visusuguna New IL'ite

Hi All,

We are looking for the apartments to rent at ARCADIA,CA, where more Indian families are living and also near by schools for Kindergarten.
    Please suggest me the good apartments names where more Indian Communities are there.

Thanks,
    Suguna.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. anubhagupta

anubhagupta New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am Anubha and have recently moved to Arcadia from India. I am looking for Indian families to make friends. I have a 11 year old son who is also looking to make new friends. Please let me know if there is anyone around. Thanks!

8. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

You can see Indian families in Arcadia ave...when he join in school you can find more Indians definetly

9. anubhagupta

anubhagupta New IL'ite

Thanks Lathasv! Since school will reopen in August, also looking for summer classes where he can make some friends for now. Thanks!

10. ShikhaM

ShikhaM New IL'ite

Hi
    I know this thread is old but We are moving to Arcadia, CA next month and need some help in finding apartment with decent Indian community for socializing so can you please suggest few apartment names/address within Arcadia CA?

Thanks