School reviews

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by anuashok278, Jan 12, 2009.

1. anuashok278

anuashok278 New IL'ite

Hi guys,

We are basically from Chennai and settled in Dubai. Can anyone suggest any boarding schools in Chennai? I am trying to find out reviews about Sri Vidhya Academy International Residential School in Chennai. Does anyone have any idea about it (feed back / review)?

Or any other suggestions?

Desperately waiting for answers......

Thanks......
    Anu

2. kbanu

kbanu New IL'ite

Hi Anu, Am relocating to chennai in June'12 and considering Sri Vidhya Academy for my 6 year old. Appreciate if you can share feedback you received or learnt after you relocated to chennai ..

Thank You.
    Banu.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Sri Vidya Academy is a good one as I had my friends nephew study there last year before they left to US, but I am afraid admissions would have closed by now, any way try your luck...

4. ragdakvan

ragdakvan New IL'ite

Dear Saisakthi,

Is sri vidya Academy International Residential School good? Can u pl suggest

Thanks

5. bharathi1980

bharathi1980 New IL'ite

Maharishi has multiple residential schools but DONT GO THERE - warning all parents

Maharishi Vidya Mandir - Polachery
    Awful experience here, my daughter studied here from III till VII std and I feel I have wasted 4 years of my daughter's education. Out of 60 teachers a handful of them only know the subject, all others either dunno anything or dont have the passion to teach. Maths was the worst - the first sum which is very simple is worked out by her and all remaining problems are given as Hw since she doesnt know to solve them. Much worser is any school principal takes feedback / complaints from parents and solves it constructively. This school Principal Mrs Uma neither solves the problems nor wants to listen to parents, she hides from parents who meet her to give feedback. She in fact calls the teacher and tells which student / parent complained and allows the student to get bashed by the teacher in cleass. She lacks administrative skills and the Polachery branch is NO WHERE near the chetpet school, its a shame for MVM brand. The school may be ok for local children from villages who are getting educated as the 1st generation in their families.