1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School hood memoirs

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 8, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I just wanted to share my school day memories.I studied in Mani high school in Coimbatore,it was the best school in coimbatore then.It was a co ed school.We had 2 big playgrounds,a huge lab,library stacked with nearly 10,000 books,.The entire school had lots of trees.There was a Ganesha temple in the front.
    The annnual Republic day and Independence parade were really a treat to watch.There was annual kamban festival as well.These days were much awaited ones as we could cut classes......
    We had 1/2 hr in the morning and 1/2 hr in the evening .This period was called silence period during which we could do anything like finishing homework ,reading books,or dozing off....but everything should be done in perfect silence.
    The teaching was excellent.But I always had a tough time with Mathematics.It was a nightmare to me.My brother used to slog and teach me.As soon I came out of the Maths exam,When comparing my answers with my friends, to my dismay ,I usedto find almost all my answers wrong..I was scared of my brother ,so I used to write all answers from a good student,and take it home.My brother used to be immensely pleased.But you should see his face and my father's on the day I take my report card.I once managed to get even 7 out 100!!!!!.Finally managed get 70 in my tenth.Afterwards it was farewell to Maths.
    Farewell was a grand event.So was the annual abshikam done by each class for the Ganesha temple in the front.Monday and weekend assemblies were really wonderful inspite of standing in the hot sun and getting knocks from our games teacher for chatting..........
    I managed to visit my school several years back.Had fond memories while walking down the avenue of Asoka trees...........................

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kanaka - Your tryst with Maths is so funny. :lol: I had my share with maths too.

I studied in two schools. First was a school in a small town in Karnataka. The school's existence dated back to 1884. The class rooms and halls were huge and stately. Lots of space, large playgrounds with lots of trees. It was a co-ed school. As long as I was in this school, I had a bad time with maths. I failed in maths when I was in standard 3, but since my mother's signature was too easy to forge, I put in her signature and returned my Report card. When my mother asked me why I did not get my card whereas my brother had got his, I told her my class teacher was on a long leave. One day my mother found my maths answer paper in my bag and I had the best spanking day in my life. Well, I did not repeat this ever again in my life.

I moved to Chennai after standard 8 and I was blessed with a very good maths teacher. From being a below average student in math she was responsible for making me an A+ student. This was an all girls school with only 3 male teachers. Every year there would be a sports drill practice just before the sports day and it was always during the hottest months. So, a group of my friends decided to bunk the drill practise and hide in the toilets. We thought we were too smart. When we entered the toilet to hide, there were so many others there, that we had to squeeze ourselves in.

3. anbu

anbu New IL'ite

I like tp post reply to this topic because I love my school days. Those were the wounderful days in my life. Till now I keep those memories in my mind as a unforgettable moments.Apart from studies I learnt lot of things from my school and my teachers. I studied in girls school.
    My correspondent, my teachers moulded us in a great way.:-D

Actually, for every one , school is the first place where we can get the good habits. It is the reponsibility of every school which should take care of every students apart from their studeis.:yes: