school for 3 1/2 years son

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Jayaravindan, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Jayaravindan

Jayaravindan New IL'ite

Hi,

I am back from US last month and looking for school for my 3 1/2 years (completed on June 16) son between Thiruvanmiyur and RA puram Area. Currently we stay in Thiruvanmiyur but later on we may shift to RA puram near Chettinad Vidyashram school.

Please provide inputs for following:

-My son is eligible for LKG or UKG now? I am confused as I heard that in Chennai 5+ kids can go to class 1.

-As I do not have much time for the survey of schools now, is it advisable to put him in some playgroup for the time being so that we can look for class 1 admission in big schools? Does playgroup take the kids of 3 1/2 years?

-which are the good schools/playgroups between Thiruvanmiyur and RA puram? Can I please get the names so that I can collect their contact details from Web.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

31/2 is eligible for LKG. I am not sure if schools take kids to Class I directly without any KG funda. YEs 5+ is eligible for Class I.

3. geena

geena New IL'ite

Hi,

It depends on what board you're looking for.
    I have seen kids who are 4 yrs old joining for LKG in CBSE, ICSE.
    My 31/2 year old child still goes for Pre-KG in a small montessori school in our neighbourhood.
    If you would like to start your kid in comfortable environment,I'ld recommend the same to you.The kids are happy to go to school.
    Its called the Learning Tree Montessori.
    Located in Venkateshwara Nagar(Adyar).They follow the Montessori method from 21/2 to 51/2 years.
    here's the webisite Welcome to Learning Tree Montessori School
    They follow the ICSE board.

Hope this helps!

4. Jayaravindan

Jayaravindan New IL'ite

Thank You Geena for the inputs regarding Learning Tree.

I too saw about this school on net and found it to be a good start. I am planning to put my kid for school in Chennai August onwards.
    Please share some more information about Learning Tree like
    -how far is it from Adyar Naidu Hall,
    -the teachers (do they speak tamil or english?)
    -is the school upto 3rd standard?
    -how is the fee structure is it hefty or normal
    -do they have outdoor playground?
    -how are the classrooms?

How about Apple kids....please share info if you would have collected earlier.

Jaya

5. geena

geena New IL'ite

Hi,

Learning Tree is near Karpagam Gardens. I think from Naidu Hall it may be about 2-3 Km (With the current traffic directions,I'ld say).
    The Teachers speak both Tamil and English.
    Currently they have classes upto the 2nd std.They plan to grow upto the 5th std.
    They are currently in an independent bungalow . So the playarea is as you would find in an independent bungalow.
    You could take a look at it when you visit the school.

Hope this helps!