School admissions - middle of the academic year

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by asha_karthik, Jan 27, 2009.

1. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Dear friends...

I m now pregnant with my 2nd child. I have my first one due to join pre-kg in 2009 june. I stay in south chennai and my parent's place is in the west part of chennai. Am sure many of you must have faced this problem in the past.

I want to know how to manage my 1st kid's pre-kg education, schools and admissions from a different place. First problem is, she will have to attend the school near my mom's place for the 1st 6 months (i am due in july '09 and expect to be in my mom's place at least till nov or so). Will she get admissions into some decent school in the middle of the year? One thing that i hv verified is, the schools in adyar area do not start from pre-kg, so my hunt for a permanent school would any way start only for the year 2010 - so this pre-kg can be in a normal school - not necessarily the schools of my choice. Are there are other unforeseen problems here that I might not be aware of? Pls advise based on ur experiences.

Also, pls point me to some good schools in west chennai (around vadapalani, koyambedu, saligram area).

2. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Congrats on the 2nd child, I suggest u to put the kid in pre-kg which is close to u r mothers home in June 09 and since ur hunt for normal shcool is for 2010 u can come back to ur huby place, pre-kg is like play school so dont push the kid to school she has to attend the school for 12-14 years time so dont worry let her enjoy being a kid and put her in play home/school/montessori, i have put the kid near to moms place which is 14kms away from my home and the kid stays at my parents home and i come in morning drop her to school and then go to office and come to mom home help her with the homework and then go to my home(school, office,mom's home all very close by) here the kid cant travel everyday as u see the distance they get tired, and when u r back to ur hubys place u can put her to another pre-kg near ur home, which even u can access easily. I am sure if u request at any pre-kg they will definately give to admission. My kid is 4 half yrs i really miss her at night but she will be with me for weekend at my home. Ok dont worry and take care of ur health. Hope i have given a good example i am at Bangalore so i dont know any school in chennai.

Priya

3. asha_karthik

Thank you priya for your time to analyze my problem and reply. Yes, i wud do as you say. my home and my parent's are far apart. but i can at least bring the school closeby. even i dont prefer kids travelling far to attend schools. Thanks again Priya.. and i will wait for ILites to advise on the schools in the area i hv specified.

4. asha_karthik

I guess seniors like shanthi and others stay around this area.. still waiting for all your inputs on good schools in west chennai part (around vadapalani, koyambedu, saligram area). Thanks..