School admission

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by snowberry, Jan 6, 2010.

1. snowberry

snowberry New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm new to Bangalore, came here on a work project and planning to relocate here. The only thing that I'm worried about is the admission of my kids. They go to schools in Delhi in class 9 and nursery respectively.

I need help with understanding the good schools here (though not very expensive or extravagant), the admission time, the prevailing fee structure and any other information available. I'm clueless!

Would really appreciate help.

Thanks in advance
    Deepali
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. nutty_witty

nutty_witty Senior IL'ite

Hi, u can get the book, "Bangalore Mums guide" by Rina Mehta. this will help you with more details on schools and admissions.

3. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

What is/will be your place of residence? Once you have identified an area where you will be staying, you can shortlist schools that are closer to your home.
    I assume your elder one is going to a CBSE school. There are many good cbse schools in Bangalore, the best ones being:

1. NPS (national public school): (Areas: Indiranagar, HSR layout, Koramangala, Rajaji nagar)
    2. Sri Kumarans (Off Kanakapura road)
    3. National Hill View (Rajarajeshwari nagar)
    4. Presidency schools (Bilekahalli, Kasturi nagar etc)
    5. PSBB (Padma Shishadri Bal Bhavan) (Off Bannerghatta road)
    6. New Horizon Gurukul (its a new school from New Horizon group) (Off Sarjapur ORR)
    7. Brigade Millenium school (JP Nagar)
    8. Sri Aurobindo memorial school (Banashankari)
    9. DPS (Delhi Public school) (Yelahanka, Sarjapura, Off Kanakapura road)

You can google to get the websites and contact details for most of these schools. Also, the admissions for 2010 started in Oct 2009 for most of them and must be over by now. You can try calling up to check on availability, as most of these schools consider transfer cases around March-May.

The fees varies for most of the schools here. There will be a one time admission fees, tution fees, books, uniform and travel charges etc. The admission fees varies from 30k to 70k in most of the schools (even higher). The tution fees for entire year will vary from 25k to 60k. Some of the school websites will provide the fees breakup.

All the best!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010