school admission

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by nithya2008, Feb 27, 2008.

1. nithya2008

nithya2008 New IL'ite

hi all

i am nithya, currently i am in us.
    we are planning to return to chennai shortly.
    i am looking school admission for my 4.5 years old daughter.now she is attending
    pre kindergarden.
    i would like to get some info about good schools in and near pallavaram area.
    also i like to know the admission procedure.
    if anybody knows please let me know.
    thankyou

nithya

2. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Hi Nithya
    I joined this site recently and was looking was the same details too. There are a few threads, called, schools in chennai, admission procedures etc. Please go through these threads as these topics have been discussed in detail. I applaud some veterans of this site, like Shanvy and few other wonderful ladies, who have poured all the info they know, in order to help people like us. I am living in melbourne and looking for good schools in chennai too. from what I have heard Vels Vidhyashram is one of the schools i know in that area. Its a CBSE school. Correct me chennai ladies, if I am wrong.
    But I am sure you will get lot of good info from the thread I mentioned.
    Cheers
    Sky98 (sumathy)

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

4. nithya2008

nithya2008 New IL'ite

hi sumathy and all

thanks for your immediate reply. i gone through the threads you mentioned. really i got more information about various schools. we like to get admission in vels vidyashram in pallavaram area. we planned to come back on june, is it possible to get admission for my 41/2 year old daughter in vels . some of them telling it is very difficult to get admission for UKG , is it so. if anyone experience any problem , please tell me. we also checked with three to four schools , but everyone telling same thing like no vacant seats now. mailing and enquiring is not the proper way. anybody know how to approach the school to get the admission. please give your suggestions.

nithya

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nitya,

When you call over phone and enquire, the management thinks you are just sending feelers and are not serious ..(this i heard from a principal..). So if you have your man in india, please ask them to go and enquire at the school, request and get you application form. and also to request that you could come down only in june.

The schools do give certain consideration if your position is explained well..and when they understand the seriousness of your interest in the school.

my My 2cents

6. nithya2008

nithya2008 New IL'ite

hi all

i am searching for good schools in and around pallavaram area for my daughter UKG admission. i heared that Srimathi Sundaravalli Memorial School, Chromepet, is good. if anybody know about this school, please give me your suggestion.
    and also i like to know about the school admission, is it over or not yet started. Application issued by school for 2008 is still going on or not, if they are giving application means please let me know.
    thank you

nithya

7. sabari

sabari Gold IL'ite

hi nithya, which school did you put your child in.

8. sabari

sabari Gold IL'ite

hi nithya, which school did you select for your child. also can you tell me some informations about smt sundaravalli memorial school.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  9. sulohita

sulohita New IL'ite

I would like to Know How to get Admission for Srimathi Sundaravalli Memorial School, Chrompet, Chennai(SSM) to my daughter for Pre KG (JM1) Sept 2011 batch.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi All.. I went to Srimathi Sundaravalli last Saturday (but I was not allowed inside as they are not allowing visitors on Saturday and found that Application form distribution started for next year (2012) Pre-Kg (June & October) intake..