1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scent For Hair Oil.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by sneha1985, Dec 21, 2018.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I followed some youtube videos for making herbal hair oil at home. There is a different strong odor to it. I like to leave the oil in my hair on weekdays too (otherwise I get headaches). But I don't want to go with that smell to work.

I there something I can add to my hair oil to make it smell good?

2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Some of the herbal hair oils have strange/strong odors depending on the ingredients used.Ayurveda believes in certain combinations that works so I wouldn’t alter the ingredients.Which hair oil did you make?

Essential oil such as lavender,rosemary,peppermint, khus (vettiver), marjoram and ylang ylang are known to control hair loss and improve hair growth.Few drops of any of the above mentioned essential oil is added egg hair packs to beat the odor and to carrier oils such as coconut, olive or almond oil for hair growth but not sure about adding them to a herbal oil.However you could try adding 10-15 drops of essential oil to a tbsp of herbal oil and test on yourself since it’s only external.

Here are some herbal hair oils that are aromatic too.I have tried and tested the first one on my family and this controls hair fall making it healthy.

Herbal Hair Oil Recipe By Ayurveda Dr.jayakrishnan

Ayurvedic Jasmine Hair Oil

Curry leaf hair oil
    Mix a fist full of curry leaves to a cup of virgin coconut oil,cook on a slow flame till the leaves turn crisp with no moisture left.Remove and let cool,strain.Store in a glass jar.Apply to scalp and hair,massage for 15 mins and leave overnight or atleast 15 mins and take head bath with a mild shampoo.Repeat 2-3 times a week.

Vanilla hair oil
    20 grams Vanilla beans are made into a paste with 200 ml water and mixed with 100 ml coconut oil.It is then cooked on a slow fire till all the moisture evaporates. It is removed,strained and stored in a glass jar.Alternatively you can use vanilla essence instead of vanilla bean paste.Add essence to the oil,warm it a bit and filter,proportions are 5 grams vanilla essence per 100 ml oil.This aromatic oil is applied regularly to repair split ends,arrests hair fall and relieves from headache.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018