1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scattered White Hair! How To Apply Hair Dye?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anika987, Jun 23, 2020.

1. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

I will buy that next time I go. How long does the root touch up last? Does it last same like when you color your hair?

anika987 likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I just did it yesterday..it was super Easy,well packaged and just wait for 10 minutes and wash it off! Good product.

madhat likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Besides your recipe, curry leaves Thuvayal mixed in warm rice and eaten before the regular meal believed to be a trusted method to keep white away and rich bouncing black . As we had in our compound huge curry leaf tree, My Periamma would insist all irrespective of gender that we have all this thuavayal rice. She was managing her rich long black truss until she expired in sleep in her eighty +.
    Thanks and Regards.

4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Best results including enhanced immunity can be expected if amla taken raw on an empty stomach in the mornings before commencing exercising.

Thanks and Regards.

anika987 likes this.
  5. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

@anika987- can you please note down your coloring date, and the number of washes you have before the color starts fading and you need a retouch up again? I am curious to know. I just looked at the video at revlon root touch up and it seems easy as both the ingredients are in the pump and you can take just what is needed.
    And also what color did u use?

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I used black.This is my first time doing it myself so didn’t want to experiment.
    It is super easy and non messy and worth it.
    As you said..I will note down and see how many washes it takes

madhat likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello: @anika987

# 74 & 75
    These responses are in response to others’ feedback and out of context vis a vis the questions in the post which seeks answers for instant blackening each strand of white hair that is scattered or and at the back.
    Yet none point out this including OP .

It might be impossible to separately blacken only each of the gray strands irrespective of using artificial or herbal dyes!

Thanks

God bless

anika987 likes this.
  8. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    An update from my side - last weekend I soaked henna in tea overnight. Next morning mixed same amount of indigo in water with salt and left it to release color for 30 mins. Mixed both henna indigo and applied on dry hair. Left it for 2 hours and washed my hair with water. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I didn’t notice any grey hair strand they nicely camouflaged with my Jet black hair. Though a bit time consuming I think it’s fine to do this once a month. I noticed henna made my hair a bit rough. I oiled my hair the next day and took head bath. Can any of you suggest a good nontoxic hair conditioner that I can use after using henna indigo ? I will start using ridge gourd oil from today.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    madhat likes this.
  9. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

Oh really !!! can you tell me the measurements of henna : Indigo : salt please.
    Henna always makes your hair dry. The same evening, I used to apply a bit of argan oil at the ends. Take a few drops of argan oil in your palms , rub it and then smooth through the ends. Argan oil is not greasy, thats why i like to use it.
    Try any Shea moisture hair conditioner for normal hair. They don't have sulphates or parabens and not tested on animals. I use the shea moisture JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL STRENGTHEN & RESTORE conditioner. Love the smell of it and it does make your hair nice and soft.

10. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

I made tea with 9 black tea bags. Left it to cool. Then I mixed 90 grams of henna with the tea and left it undisturbed for 10 hours. In the morning in a glass bowl I mixed 90 grams of indigo powder with little salt like 1/4th tsp and some water into a ketchup like paste. I was told to leave it for 30 mins for the color to release. I then mixed the two and applied to hair. Wore a shower cap and did my chores. I washed my hair with water after 2 hours.I was told to wait for 2 days before washing hair with a shampoo for good results. Next time I will try to use a conditioner after shampooing.Thanks for the suggestion. For my hair length I think 100 grams each of henna and indigo will be perfect.

madhat and Thyagarajan like this.