1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scattered Thoughts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anumdas, Aug 4, 2008.

1. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

I keep thinking about this fax message lying on my desk very now and then I see it. It is one letter from one of the prestigious company offering an NRI account. It also mentions that they can offer me wealth management services. Which wealth will they manage for me? I don’t have any property, any insurance, any mutual fund, any fixed deposit….all I have is a poor salary transfer account. I think I am smart enough to maintain my wealth of “two plus two is four”.

Just wondering if anybody has any Life Management service! I would have definitely be interested in that. Managing all the years of my single life was quite easy. But to manage the rest, if God has given me a long “life line”, will be a difficult task. The last three years of my married life, I have seen and felt various emotions. Those emotions which have never known to exist before! But I understand from my married friends that they all in the same stage of learning emotions. As per Indian Natyasastra, there are 9 facial expressions listed based on your feeling (pls ignore my statement if you have any other statement on this). The art of not showing the feeling on your face can be learnt only in the marriage institution. This is learnt as necessity for your life as well as your family’s. Here, I am not into male bashing. I had tried to raise all my feminist feelings through the blog I wrote in Ibibio a year back. That was my last creative blog in that. I wanted to make an earning out of ibibo. So just for the sake of increasing the number of blogs I started copying and pasting the articles from other websites. It just lasted for one week only and my interest on that was over.

Coming back to my life management service, I would like to introduce you to my company GM who is a European (what if he throws me out of the job, if I reveal his name). He is multi millionaire. He has divorced at the age of 50. He did this for his new girl friend. His relation with his children is shattered as well. But he is not bothered about that as he is happy with his new life. His ex-wife also has got another boy friend. They both are happy in their own lives and the kids are happy with their co-living (not married) partners. This is not accepted in Indian society. Many of the mothers have just taken up the grievances of life just for their children. I came to understand how my mother would have felt whenever I reacted negatively, only when i became a mother.
    I think I should stop my post for the day, as all feelings are coming out in a shot with the happiness of getting a medium to come out. But this chik-pek will not be amicable to read. I will arrange my thoughts comfortably and back later.