1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saying it out loud

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Oct 18, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

If you cannot sleep then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying.It is the worry that gets you,not the loss of sleep.
    It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterward.
    Laugh the world laughs with you,snore and you sleep alone.
    There is nothing frightening about an eternal dreamless sleep.Surely it is better than eternal torment in hell and eternal boredom in heaven.
    You cannot wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.
    All men whilst they are awake are in one common world but each of them when is asleep is in a world of his own.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,

Good one. It reminds me when i used to play with my daughter at night while putting her to sleep...I used to tell her sleeping kids will shake their legs...and lo..she will shake both her legs and the anklets also start...it was music to my ears..the innocence of childhood...brought back memories..how time flies....

Blessed are those who can sleep whenever/wherever they want.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka
    Very intersting post. Sleep...hmmmmmmm

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kanakaraghavn,

It is an interesting post on sleep you have given. You are right that when one does not get sleep, one should read some book or do some other activity before sleep again hits. There is a technique to get sleep. If you start counting the sheep, you are sure to get sleep. I get very good sleep in the office. :-D Especially in the morning when I switch on the comp. I go for a cup of coffee immediately.

Regards,

TDU

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kanaka,
    Good topic to go ....
    It usually happens to me.. if I am worried about something then I won't get sleep...
    You said it in a beautiful way!!

~Punitha

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

I think, I was a blessed one... Earlier I can sleep at the mention of the word... Any place, anytime... But now, I couldnt sleep at any time... If I sleep in the afternoon, my whole day is gone, as afterwards, i cant get up and do anything... But I never had problems on sleeping...

A good sleep will make you feel fresh, when you get up....

I think, i can go to sleep now...