1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Say proudly that I am a housewife............:)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aarushreya, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Aarushreya.............

I say brilliant........ Well done.....

Well as far as overlooking is concerned lets take the case of body.......

Whom do we pay attention to most.......

Our face...... Cause it is most Noticeable..........

But take hands and legs for granted most of the time......
    Cause they have been doing the work since childhood but we say bah humbug.....(uncle scrooge...)..

So it is very nice to see that the hand that feeds the face and feet that take the face and head to where they wanna go are appreciated.........

To be clear i'm a 'SIR'.........

Although not knighted by induslady on IL but still......

So respectful you are...... Gives me feeling of first day as senior in college......

Dont listen to DINNY....... I'd like and wholeheartedly welcome your respectful feedbacks......

Take care
    chow

4 people like this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hmmm to each his own.... Sir Quebec :)

Btw i like your comparison of a housewife to hands and legs....we ignore the parts which help us with almost everything on our day to day basis...quite like the housewife

1 person likes this.
  3. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

ahaa ahaa.....

How nice it feels.........

Nobody calls in real life atleast on IL i'm respected............

Ya dhinchak dhinchak............

oh just stop now.........

Its too much

hmmm...... What to do appreciation comes once in quite at while for me.......

So better meake it count........

note to aarushreya:

see naa what a mad house we are.......

**Welcome to the IL family........**

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl Tum nahi sudharoge

True that...you are mad but i am sane :)

2 people like this.
  5. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Oooook Dinny I will take care of that in future ;). I was reading your profile. You are fun loving and ready to help others, made me feel good about you :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

:) i am flattered

7. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Hi Gorgeous,

Congratulations!!!! Take care of yourself. Just pamper yourself and do things you like to do. You already are doing. Take proper rest and give us the good news soooon :)

8. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

I am loving it.........:) Quebec. This is just my fourth post on IL and it is under controversy....

As I said in my post, appreciations should come from within. They shouldn't be begged as then they give us no joy. I have nothing to say more.......:)

1 person likes this.
  9. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

ok ... ladies ... my thoughts on this topic (one of my favourite topics)

I am a working woman and I have to admit that being a home maker is 4 times tougher than being a working woman.. I am quite lucky to have my MIL as the home maker.. (yeah .. she takes care of my son, cooks etc) and I owe my career to my MIL..

talking about being a housewives... I think housewives generally have this mood swings on their status of being a house wife... take this thread for example... OP started off saying how tough it means to be a housewife and how they are least apprciated and another poster says she is loving it because she is her own Boss (makes a lot of sense)... and OP bounces back and agrees its the best part of the job...

I mean at one moment you feel its a thankless job and the next moment you feel you are your own bosss... why this mood swing ?? I mean why can't a house wife be always assured that what they are doing is Best and the reward for it is a happy loving family...

how often does a boss in office come up to me and say "you know what sweety .. that data you sent me yesterdy was exactly what I in my mind for my next meeting... I have to thank my stars for having an angel like you in my team.. "
    This does not really happen... no one whether a housewife or a career woman gets appreciated for what is expected naturally... or just imagine having to agree on the targets for next year upfront and having a performance appraisal at the end of the year...

Also, I have noticed that housewives lose interest in the happenings in their own field of interest...like how many engineers keep pace with whats the latest in their industry... how many accountants try to know what the latest accounting standards are talking about... they just lose all such interest, bind themselves to kitchen and kids' studies and the frustration is shown eventually...

1 person likes this.
  10. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Thanks Charu,
    your view point is also correct. Yes, we all housewives undergo mood swings at certain point of times. As we simply close ourselves within boundaries of our home. This is what even I have mentioned in my post. We get involved too much in household activities that we tend to forget ourselves. We start believing that this is our destiny and duty.

I did not mean that we should be appreciated for each and every work we do. Like you don't expect from your boss. But such an appreciation and motivation is needed when we do something out of the way, without caring for our health and self. Take an example. Suppose I am sick and still I am bound to do all the work that I take care of. Husband hardly bother this that how tough it might be for me. Instead he starts complaining about certain things. Here is where it is required. We require it from others because we know that there is nobody else to look after all this. Instead of complaining that I have cooked khichari in dinner, he would have helped me in the kitchen or said lets do dinner outside. And I also mean that not all husbands are like that. We are talking in most of the time terms. Now compare this example with a working woman. You also might have become sick and your boss would have complained on your work the same day. If you have experienced this, you will be able to understand what I mean.

Now the other point. Why housewives are so confused? sometimes they say they enjoy being a housewife and sometimes they show their frustration. This is a natural feeling. We expect favors not because we don't like to favor others but sometimes we all like to pamper and spoil ourselves. Don't you think so :). Then the time we are doing this, who is going to take care of the rest of the things we take care of.