1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Savvy! Lets.. Could be your experience

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Hello Malspie,

I have read this post but have not given my FB! Whenever I think of fun, I dig in to this post, it will make a good reading in all seasons! I could not control my laughter, so hilarious, very very hilarious.

Don't see you writing such stuffs anymore! Let them come in, its public demand.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Viewers like you encourge us to chain our thoughts in words.

Thank you.

3. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

hey mals..

That was hilarious!!!
    The scene in the train is simply superb....So many ladies form groups and discuss daily abt the saree , the color, the food....sing bhajans...its a full time entertainment for other people who travel alone...i guess these are the things by which the time of travel goes unnoticed.....
    I am basically from mumbai...and I could visualise all these :)...
    before the train arrives in the station, the ladies would be ready as if they are going to fight the battle of panipat...tucking their saree pallu to the waist...holding the bag in their armpits and ready to jump inside the train compartment even before the train halts at the station...den immediately catch a seat or keep asking..." kahan utarna hai..mujhe dena haa..."(read seat mujhe dena!!)

thanks mals...for making me remember those crowded but sweet days of mumbai local trains!!!

Cheers
    Sona

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sona,

Nothing has changed dear, "Mujhe Dena" continues, if you know the face, the sgn of index finger waving to and fro also continues! A new comer may end up standing till CST!

Some avoid, the seat syndrome and go to sleep or rather pretend to catch a wink.

Saree tucking, pallav tucking, hair clips opening up, bangles breaking, trendy footwear giving way continues.

Ha! Ha!

At last I found someone who can relate to this post! Your reply also rocks!

5. sumanmehta

sumanmehta New IL'ite

My stomach is aching due to laughing continuously thruout reading the article .Too Good...........
    Keep posting regularly:rotfl:rotfl

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Suman,

Hey you seem to like humour a lot, just like me. I watch only comedy serials, comedy movies and love to read posts which have lots of humour. You will definitely enjoy "Mirror Mania" my other post. Do dig it out and read!

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

A very good post from Mals,
    People like Savvy add amusement to our lives. Too much of order, discipline and manners makes life very quiet and boring. I like Savvy Godbole.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,

You LIKE Savvy!

I would prefer to run away from her! If she is friendly with someone I do not mind being the watcher from far!

I have seen many Savvy in life and have felt very awkward in their presence.

Thanks for enjoying the story.

9. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Malsy,

You should seriously be writing movie scripts dearie.

:wow:wow:wowWhat a superb visualisation of
    a journey on a Mumbai Local. Madam Savvy is par excellence.You have captured

her in all her glory in your minds camera and given us a vivid picture painted by

your choicest words and made us all :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.I was in stitches really.

What a keen observation of human foibles you have !

All Savvy's are fine from a distance as we can have an enchanted view , but

heaven forbid that we should have a close encounter with the likes of her.

You have done just that , kept us all safe and sound enabling us to watch her antics

and loud proclamations on tabboo topics of polite society by presenting such a

lively post here.It was one riot of a laugh from start to finish..........and so

I'm rushing to the FP section for you know what . Yes ! Savvy deserves to be

immortalised !

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Narration comes naturally to me, my dear friend.

After my dinner, I would sit with my mom and tell her every incident of the day, even who sat next to me in the bus! She knew all my friends by name! Writing scripts on my terms is O.K., but if the Director asks me to bring back the dead man alive with some miracle then I have to refer some "Tantrik Books". Big LaughBig Laugh