Saving Tips in USA ?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Jamelia02, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Please, can people who live in USA(especially in West Coast) share your monthly money saving tips.

1. How much do you spend in for monthly grocery for a couple ? Our monthly grocery comes up to 300 to 350$. Is this a moderate expenditure or are we spending more ?
    2. In USA, do we have any money saving scheme in Bank of America for people who live in H1 Visa ? I understand schemes are good in India. But as for me, I am planning to study here & we need to have a sufficient funds here. So, is there any educational saving schemes or any schemes which can help me to fetch some interest rates ? Let me know what are the eligibility ?

3. I hear people saving in for vacation ? By that do they mean, putting money in savings account ?

4. We quite often eat outside. I do look out for coupons.
    But wish to know if there is any kind of regular restaurant deals ?

Thank you in advance for your tips!

2. somadang

somadang New IL'ite

Hi Jamelia,

if you are going to usa and want to save more money and makes calls i would recomend magicjack becquse then you can call for free in us plus you can dial home and if they to have a magicjack the call will also be fre:)

Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  3. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

Thank you somadang!!!
    Any other replies for my queries? I would like to know about the financial planning.
    Please reply with your experience & knowledge. It would really help

4. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Hi, Wherever u stay in this world.. in whatever currency u r earning .. what all matter as per me is Spending in limit..

Calculate in % wise . How much u should spend. Eating outside with coupons or without coupons hardly makes difference. U r spending some money. Try and cook various meals at home. U can check recipes of such things on youtube.

2 people like this.
  5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

check out 529 plans for education related savings...

cut down on eating outside as much as possible.. that is a blackhole.. most of the stuff that you eat outside can easily be made at home for fraction of the cost and much healthier... many food blogs will show you how to.

how is your shopping for clothes accesories etc? stores here tempt people with sales, believe me, it is all humbug...tripling the price and then declaring a sale is not money-saving for you...

6. shire

shire Senior IL'ite

Great idea thanks