1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saving is to clutter: as Throwaway is to Clean

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priyu
    very nicely written. I totally agree with you. I only save somethings which i need to use. like for example yogurt containers. the store bought ones after empty i clean and keep. Because I have so many guests who always want to take some food from my home and if i keep giving good plastic containers my husband might just send me off with them too. So i reuse these yogurt containers. I know i'll never see them back which is perfectly fine and it comes in handy sturdy no spills kind of decent and taking away party is also happy. All my cupboards are always clean and in good shape. I constantly clean and not wait for spring cleaning alone. That cleaning is mega cleaning. But some of these new plastic containers are so cute especially the juice bottles.

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Anand Chitra
    Just read your post.. (thanks to FP section! :-D)
    This post of yours brought back fond memories of my first stint in US.:rotfl
    I was so fascinated by the " pavels yoghurt and knudsen sour cream containers", I collected each of them and stocked it safely.:bang Maybe the excessive storage space available in the kitchen was the culprit here.
    I still remember the look on my husband's face when he spotted them and disposed 2 bags full .:tongue

Now I am a lot more careful,cos of space constraints in the kitchen cupboard.

Regards
    Honeybee

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hey Chitra,

That's one cute account of your fad! You are indeed a blossoming writer and I am enjoying your write ups..good going!
    Well, I too belong to the club, although must add that I am highly motivated these days about 'abolishing' the clutter. It is now quite clear to me that I will not wear those stilletoes nor the jackets with the padded shoulders!! So so...if I have hung on to them till now, why not my used margarine and yoghurt tubs?!!!! Like you, I too know of folk who take my ziplock boxes only never to return...and how many 2dollar99cent boxes can you give away?
    Apart from that and on the side.....what are those 'cutey cute' juice bottles that are so well shaped and colored that you seem to horde?? Please share the brand name with me ??:redface::smile:

L, Kamla

And Meeta, thanks for all that useful info !