1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saved by providence from an encounter with railway police

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 30, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Saved by providence from an encounter with railway police

In the year 1985 my daughter gave birth to her first baby at Jamshedpur. As for her in laws’ request before Deepavali I dropped her and the child at Chennai and was returning to Jamshedpur.

My neighbour and close friend was the daughter of a famous hotelier at Chennai. Her mother requested me to take some sweets for her daughter. Instantly I agreed to her request and she told me that she would come to Central station and hand over the package.

She came to the station just few minutes before the departure of the train and handed over two cardboard boxes and told me one contained sweets and the other some fire crackers. I was dismayed and told her that it was an offense to carry fire crackers. She told me that as she had packed it in the box that contained a stove and no one will check it up. Further as I was in ladies compartment it was unlikely that someone would check up. By this time the train started and she got down without even giving me a chance to return the package. The packages were glaring at me from the upper luggage berth and I was under tenterhooks.

The first day of the journey passed without any incident. On the second day just a few hours before I would reach my destination, a railway policeman had entered our compartment and I could experience a sudden chill bracing through my bones. The fellow entered our ladies compartment and just pointed out the dreaded package with his lathi and asked whose package was that. I meekly replied it was mine and then he asked what was in that

I put up a brave face and said, “Can’t you see? It is written stove and the picture is also printed on that.”

To my great relief he departed without insisting to open the package. It was providence that saved me on that day and I thanked the Lord. I have learnt a lesson on that day. From then onwards I was very careful in accepting any parcel from anyone.

sindmani likes this.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai MA,
    Some affectionate disturbance leads to great trouble. With the help of the ALMIGHTY and your PRAYERS made you to reach the destination.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Pushpavalli ma,
    Very true...I can understand the feeling you went through when you saw the policeman there..
    Rightly said...Divine intervention saved you...as you had pointed out in the last para...with that experience learnt something in return, isn't it!

sriniketan

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You were really fortunate to have escaped. It is sad that some people are so inconsiderate and don't think twice before putting others to risk and inconvenience.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sreemathi,
    there is a proverb in Tamil "தாட்சண்யம் தர்மசங்கடம். " I had practically experienced this in above incident. By God's Grace I was saved.
    Thanks for your encouraging comments,
    Love,
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sriniketan,
    Yes, we do learn from our experience. Each experience teaches us a lesson,
    Thanks for being here,
    Love,
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear satchit,
    Sometimes affection to their near and dear ones makes people blind and they do not think about the effect of their act.
    Love,
    PS

8. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS, You have taught us a lesson through your blog.
    Sometimes out of love for our dear ones we ignore the consequences of our act.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Vidya,
    At least in my case I have accepted package from known person. Sometimes at airport or railway station people leave suitcase or luggage and say to take care of it until they come from restroom and many people had fallen into trouble because of that. Because of helping tendency people falls into trouble.
    People should be more careful,
    Love,
    PS

sindmani likes this.