1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Save only those memories which gives twinkle in your eyes ,not wrinkles on your face

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 22, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Time has no holiday. Dreams have no expiry date and life has no pause button. Live it Love it . Save only those memories which gives twinkle in your eyes, not wrinkles on your face

I follow the above quote , thats why I always feel young and also when I tell my age to people they dont believe and tell me you dont look your age. That gives me more enery to live and do something which will make me happy and make others happy too

This month every week end had lovely day , Saturday and Sunday . Have been going for poojas , reception an dwedding. Of late I have been busy in Tamil Iyer Ladies forum in Facebook and have many friends there. The write ups which I write here have been posting there also and getting appreciation. When I had gone for a Reception two weeks before one lady came and asked me you are Vijayalakshmi no , I said yes how you know she said you are active inf acebook na. Seeing your chain I guessed and she is from Tamil Iyer Ladies. Both were happy to see each other and later I felt I missed taking our photo. Then last week also I met one lady from the same forum.

Today I had gone for a marriage. The Muhurtham was between 8 and 9 a.m. One uncle who is my cousin sister's brother in law , 91 yrs old who is still active at this age and also very closely associated with my husband. My husband is his right hand. He came from his house by auto picked us from our house and we went for the marriage. He left early and I also went with him as I want to go to a friend's house nearby. Down he met one lady who was very happy to see him and was saying that this uncle helped in her marriage, her marriage was conducted just in Rs 20000/-. With her her school friends had also come. She introduced him to her friends and wanted to take photo with him, also told me to stand with them. That time another lady was saying you are Vijayalaksmi na. I was confused and she told me she is from Tamil Iyer Ladies forum. Recently I had written the snippet on completing 50 yrs in Mumbai. That time she had asked where I stay, she remembered that and was very happy to see me. Then later when we met again at the marriage hall she said let us take photo. Immediately she posted the same in Tamil Iyer Ladies forum.

Today if I am feeling energetic its all because of the friends who inspire me and encourage me .

8 people like this.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Save only those memories which gives twinkle in your eyes ,not wrinkles on your f

Dear Viji,
    Just now I posted my fb to Jayasala's snippet 'Don't you want to be somebody?'
    I am glad to know that you were recognized by tamiliyer group lady. It definitely makes us happy and boosts our morale.

Though these are small joys, they do inspire us. If a person tells us that we look much younger for our age it really energies us.

I admire you for your spiritedness and open mindedness.

PS

1 person likes this.
  3. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Save only those memories which gives twinkle in your eyes ,not wrinkles on your f

Aunty your snippets provide knowledge and energy to me. I wait for your snippets eagerly.

2 people like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Keeping ourselves active makes us younger in spirits, though not necessarily in looks.
    Keep it up Viji.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

very nice to hear it..
    It always makes us happier to hear a word of appreciation..
    small little things which make us happy to move on and live happier in our life..
    Continue with ur service..

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Thank you Pushpa mami for the first feedback which made my day and made me feel blessed. True mami these are simple pleasures in life and I feel happy when I get such appreciation. Thanks for your compliments

7. iyerviji

@daisy2015 dear glad my snippets provide knowledge and energy to you and wait for my snippets . Hearing this sweet message made my day

8. iyerviji

@jayasala42, Jayakka dear I agree with you , thanks for your appreciation

9. iyerviji

Thank you @vaidehi71 dear for agreeing to what I have written and thanks for the inspiration

10. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, such a nice snippet..

I guess this is why my parents always say " Ghar ghar nahi hota jab wanha koi wujarga nanhi rehete ( home is not a home where there is no elder leaves in that home ) "

We can get such life lessons and advices only from the elders like you Viji mam :)

1 person likes this.