Satyanarayan Katha - If Someone Helping May Have Got Her Period During The Katha

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by PJV1610, Mar 10, 2019.

1. PJV1610

PJV1610 New IL'ite

Dear all,

I’m a new member who found this forum when looking for an answer to my question.

I was doing a Satyanarayan Katha at home without a Pandit, but had set up the bajot, kalash, photo of Satyanarayan Bhagwan, listened to the Katha and chanted Om Vishnave Namah 108 times while putting the Tulsi patra. The lady helping me says she got her period after she left the Pooja area, however she had touched the Tulsi and helped me set up the pooja.

I will redo the Pooja with a Pandit later this month, and will donate or feed some people. I would appreciate it, if someone can guide me if anything else needs to be done in case she did get her period while touching the samagri or Tulsi.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Menstruation every month is a very natural process created by the lord almighty . The misconception that a woman on her periods is impure was propagated by man ( not god).

shravs3 and Needtobestrong like this.
  3. PJV1610

PJV1610 New IL'ite

Thank you for your reply. It eases my worries.

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I too got my period when I was attending some family function with Homam/Havan ..which I noticed much later...I assure you nothing wrong happened to the home or anyone in the family! Of course I didn't tell anyone!
    Don't know how something so natural is made out to be so taboo!

5. PJV1610

PJV1610 New IL'ite

Thank you for sharing your story, I really appreciate it and I do feel better.