Satyagraha

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by umaakumar, Aug 31, 2016.

1. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

I Have always been crazy about animals. I was born to be an ani mal lover. I was always bringing home puppies from the road. They would have a difficult time convincing me to go and leave him back. :smash2:

But I have had dogs at home, and my parents have consented seeing me being so fond of them. Well it has always been heart breaking when they leave us. I will be determined never to own one again, but soon will pick up one from the road.

This is one such episode. I had a pup and called him Toby. He was such a sweet indian dog. He was very cute and plump fellow. In my house to have a dog means to have some discipline. After the morning walk he should be tied up in the compound so that he does not get in the way of us going to school, and my mom’s activities. After 10 AM he would be let loose and could wander anywhere inside the house. So one day when he was tied, someone stole him. I was very sad and cried a lot. My Dad promised to get me one more pup. :banana:

So off we went searching for a pup. There was a slum near my house and it is here we came across this cutie. He should have been about 2-3 months old. He was jet black. Some boys were playing with him and they took Rs. 50- and gave us this pup, I happily brought him home. He did not like my house one bit. He just went around and stood near the door yelping. We gave him food and he refused to eat. He did not even drink water. Generally these dogs get adjusted in a day or so. But this fellow never left the door. He kept crying. But the minute we switch on the TV, he would come and sit in front of it and watch. It use to be so funny to see him watching TV non stop. But no matter what he would never eat or drink water.

The third day too he was starving, we felt very sorry for him and my dad said he would not survive and will not adjust to us. So we put him in the car and took him back to the slum and let him loose. He just looked at us once wagged his tail and ran so fast to his house.

Though it is many many years since this happened, I cannot stop to sometimes think of him and his satyagraha.
    :rolleyes:

rai, sangeethakripa, kshema and 4 others like this.
  2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

He just looked at us once wagged his tail and ran so fast to his house.
    yeah i felt the same when i set my parrot free :D
    Though it is many many years since this happened, I cannot stop to sometimes think of him and his satyagraha.
    :rolleyes:
    my parrot was same as like this dog she wont eat but bite if we touch her then when i set her free i think she was very happy :D
    thanks for sharing your experience made me remember my own with my parrot :D

umaakumar and vaidehi71 like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

what a cool soothing ...post !
    I am not an animal lover...I am mostly scared of them for no reason.

This reminds me of time when i was in my maternal uncle's house and he got a parrot .His 4 year kid old go so much attached to it that Mama started fearing that what if they are not able to take care of it and all.

cousin slept ...mama set the parrot free.God when he woke up...
    i can never forget that..mama lives in a very posh area and my sweet little brother in underpants and banyan only ran over the street....searching for parrot.

In his just learn language he consonantly muttered something like : ooo parrot...please ajao....mai bahot sara khana dunga...my parrot ...my parrot....buhuuuuuuu! "

everyone was moved his love...except me. i still crack up when i remember that :)sweet memory.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Haha :D yeah toh sahi hai my street is full of dogs sirf aur sirf ek family k wajase :D they feed them keep them as their security guard and those obey them too :D

5. umaakumar

Dear Caide,

Thanks for your reply. We can never forget our pets. They say pets are meant specially for the owners. That is why some of them love us and stay with us and some just will not adjust tos.

Regards
    Uma

Caide likes this.
  6. umaakumar

Dear Ashima,

It was nice to hear about your brother searching for his parrot. But it is very sad to let go of something that you love. I can understand how your brother felt.

Regards
    Uma

Lathasv likes this.
  7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

more than adjust they love their own life which we cant snatch from them they are also living beings though not like humans they have emotions too particularly my parrot queen :D

umaakumar and Lathasv like this.
  8. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Very pleasing to read about your pup.. -

so you had to let him go after his staunch freedom fighting;)

9. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@umaakumar cute and happy to see a pup watching TV....:)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    umaakumar and Caide like this.
  10. umaakumar

Yes sangeethakripa, We had to let him go. Poor fellow missed his surroundings so much