1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday afternoon fever

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 13, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,
    That was really a great write up. Mythili, you now have stiff competition from close quarters.

Sir, I remember reading your write-up on a bird that had built its nest in your place. While that was really touching, this piece was at once hilarious and taught me a lesson or two.

Well, I am an MCP to the boot. Or at least I was, till about fifteen, twenty years back. A trip to England as a member of a Group Study Exchange Team changed all that. Or at least that is what I am thinking. My wife is the right person to comment on this.

Let me have the pleasure of welcoming you in to IL. I think you two have something in common. I find this common feature in the writings of both. There is something that makes the reader a part of the scene. There is something that touches the heart of the reader and leaves a good after-taste in the reader's mouth.

Looking forward to read more of your writings in IL.

love,
    sridhar

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr. Lakshminarayan

I am glad to know that you are Mythili's better half. Your post was too good and humorous too. So behind every successful man there is a woman. In one of her post Mythili had mentioned that I must be her twin sister, so that means you are my athimbar. Is it not.

Both of you are made for each other and both are good writers. Hats off to both of you. IL must be proud to have both of you. Congratulations that this write up is nominated for finest post. All the best to get more nominations.

Regards
    viji

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Thanks for your welcome note and the encoraging FB on my post.It is quite some time since I penned my thoughts.With Mythili taking up blogging as a serious hobby,loneliness started engulfing me and hence the current effort.So many things happen around us every day which become fodder for our literary efforts.In a way this helps me to be sharper and observant.
    Thanks and regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Iyerviji for the fine compliment.Mythili is a fine story teller with emotional touches whereas I look for the humerous angle to liven up the spirit.It only adds to the greatness of Indusladies to welcome as a family in unison.May this esprit de corps continue.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshminarayan,
    It is a pleasant surprise to me that you are the better half of our adorable Mythili. Welcome to Indusladies! Now we can expect double bonanza!Eagerly looking forward to more such lovely posts from you.
    Love,
    Malathi

6. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Hi Mr. Lakshiminarayan
    Thank u for understanding a women, all men do not even make an attempt to do so. Aplauds to the write up i enjoyed it very much, but even more startled to read Mythili mam was ur wife.

7. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    just read your post and really liked it i think you are really enjoying your wife going to her work and ur new found additional jobs of family which you have newly acquired but she has her own work her own identity her own friends and will not not say you a male chauv...
    you will have something to discuss other than your own office gossips ... good she has her own world and your supporting it...

8. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Sir,

I enjoyed your writing. Thank you very much on behalf of all Ladies. Even you felt you miss so many things like right from hot coffee, you gave her freedom to continue her job. Now you could have know better, the pain of ladies by attending servants, milk man, morning tensions, etc,etc. Anyway:thumbsup

9. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Mr. LN,
    Wow!! welcome to IL.. well written. what a humourous writeup. Mithumma and you make a good pair of writers, one dishes sentiments and the other humour.. maybe you should combine and give us a mixture of both sometime soon. Now that i have given a thought to ponder....
    So dear Mithummaa.... you hats off to you to start a career later in life.. very well done. you set a very good example for your daughters, i am sure they have grown up to be very self confident.
    kudos..
    Aparna

10. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear malathi,
    Thank you for that lovely compliment.Iam humbled by what you have said.
    love
    mithila