1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday afternoon fever

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 13, 2009.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Siriveda,Thanks for your FB.I am a firm beleiver in women being gainfully occupied not merely by job but by any hobby which which brings out the innate creativity of a woman.
    Regaeds
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear LN Sir and Mithila Ma,

What a pair you are..... sharing similar interests:thumbsup.

Enjoyed LN sir's write up and your typing. I had a good laugh too. Thanks.

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Padmini,
    Thanks for your FB.All of us have our squabbles and skirmishesThere is spice to life when we forget and get along with life .The need for each others company gets only stronger as we grow old.Even doting children cannot substitute the husband or wife.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear AbhiSing,
    Thanks for your FB.I type with one finger while Mithila is watching.After some time I grunt and groan which rushes Mithilato my aid without my asking for my help.I have to thank the tradition in which the Bharatiya Narimani has been brought up.Jai HO.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Krithika,
    In deference to the selfless service rendered all these years sometimes I do get up early and greet my wife with a steaming cup of coffee.She thanks me profusely but sometimes makes a second round of coffee by herself.Her actions speek louder than words.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARARAYANAN

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    HA HA.This is to set the proper tone for what is to follow.Thanks for the nomonation.Having fun and spreading humour around makes one feel younger though I have scaled down my laughter of late-the reason-some fool of an ass told me that old people lose the flexibility of muscle and as a result the mouth stays put at the laughing posture.I therefore content myself with spreading laughter around,
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshiminarayan,
    So you have learnt your lesson for taking wives for granted!!!
    Well I too had some experiences as that of your wife! I would love to share it here so that the MCPs (by the way, could you expand please? M=Male, C= Chauvinist, P=????) stop taking their wives for granted.

Whenever I over-drew (that is beyond what he had sanctioned me!) on the debit card provided by my DH as for incurring the HH expenses, I would get a disapproving look from him. Quite a number of times I tried to show him the accounts statement of expenses which I religiously maintained. He would never even glance through them but the disapprovals continued! I thought enough was enough! One sunday evening, when he was in a relaxed mood I brought out all the money related documents and things-bank pass books, credit cards, debit card the left over cash in hand and put them on the table right in front of him. I said-"From today onwards, I will be a real 'padi dhaanda pathini' and all outside work like buying grocery, vegetables and other HH needs has to be purchased by you! As a dutiful wife, I will take care of the house, including sweeping, mopping, cooking and other related jobs. You have another choice too. I was offered a teachers job in a CBSE school which you did not let me take up citing the reason that the kids were small. Now I will start looking for a job and I am sure with my B.ed degree I would easily find one. Now the ball is in your court. You decide what I have to do!'
    May be my DH didn't expect this sort of a reaction from a timid docile wife!
    Now I have won my freedom which I would never misuse. Of course, he did not like the idea of my taking up a job! But then he does not question me on money matters any more!
    Men must be thinking this is emotional black mail.But it is not. When we are expected to put up with chauvinism of various kinds, this is not much of a deal for us. The day men understand that women too have a life of their own and they forgo a lot of their pleasures for the sake of the family, that day the world would become a better place to live in.
    Sorry for making your space serious with my outpours.
    But then, even the serious problems of women seem to be a joke for men!!! Ofcourse, it makes very enjoyable reading and gives us women some moments of humour and laughter. But then when we start pondering over the issue , we are reminded that it is not a joke to be laughed over but a malady to be treated.
    Another problem with most men is that they keep complaining about the food that is prepared at home with utmost love and care taking into consideration the factors of health, taste, cost etc. This happened in my house too. Now with my MIL having come to stay with me and she being used to an elite life style wanted a cook at home. One cook was employed and he could not put up with the nagging of my DH and MIL and quit in 5 months. Now a second cook has started his innings! My people do not open their mouths for fear that this one too would run away! Some times I think, the tolerance they show for these paid lot, only if they showed for their wives, life would become heaven on earth for them! Now my DH has realised my worth but is helpless in doing anything about the cook because his mom would not like to send him off what if he cooks badly!
    Sure I enjoyed reading your blog and my fb is not intented to hurt you but to let every one know that the plight of women with education, skills and talents is the same as the illiterate and nothing comes without demanding.
    Love,
    Malathi

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathijagan,
    I am happy that my post helped you to unburden your thoughts and I am sure that you now feel better.Extreme sensitivity leads to problems between husband and wife.You are qualified and therefore you could confront your DH.There are many hapless women who silently suffer.I have seen that joint discussion and open communication always help.My daughter whenever has a tiff with her DH tells him that she would spend 2 lakhs on the platinum credit card and would love to watch him sweating out to pay the EMI-but then they are good friends rather than husband and wife.
    Regards

LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jaya,
    Thanks for the feedback.I have purchased cookery books for 2000 rs and try out the recipes.This is born out of necessity that at our age we are self reliant and dont trouble our daughters.In the initial stages of cooking the dishes did not come out well with the result that all the cookery books went missing.After lot of detective work I found the cookery books hidden.Now obediently following the instuctions of my wife rather than the cookery books my culinary skills have improved and comfort level at home has improved.As for washing vessels I am an expert with the result,my wife tells the servant maid that if she is not happy she is free to leave the job

Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Devika Menon,
    Thanks for the FB and the sentiments expressed.Now we enjoy doing things together as we are alone by ourselves.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN