1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday afternoon fever

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear Mr . lakshmi,
    such anice and hilarious post. enjoyed throughly!!! so you agree that without woman man is helpless!!!:)"shakti illaiyel sivam illai". hello , mithila, so you are the behind mr.lakshmi. family of writers. the power of woman is depicted in a humorous way. so here after do not think about saturday which will make you to give high price like loosing veththakkuzhambu, potati curry and all. so beware:).
    with love
    pad.

2. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear lakshminarayanan,

That was a wonderful writeup....

You and your wife, both are lucky to have each other...She has been so patient all these years and she is a very dutiful wife and you too instead of being an MCP understood that she needs time for herself and should be self dependent.....:bowdown

That is wonderful and I am sure that you two would have fallen in love with each other again, like two teenagers, after all this....

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear sir

that was a fantastic write-up. I came here seeing Kamalji's nomination.

Along with your daughters, I too am standing by Mthilama!
    We came to read this fantastic post only because of her assertive stand!

You and Mithilama are a great pair of writers, cooking up wonderful stories as well as mouth-watering dishes!

4. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

:wowThats absolutely wonderful....Dearest Mithila, you have given me a lot of confidence, I got a break of almost 2 years now and I am sure I will shine in my career again.....This incident is very inspiring and thank you for being here in IL with all of us :)

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear dear Kamalji,
    Thats not fair at all.First you are my friend then only you are lakshmi's friend.If you keep on praising him I will make sure that lakshmi makes dosas for you when you come home and I will also make sure that he forgets to add salt to the dosa batter,HA!HA!Hows that!
    No this will most certainly not create any problem at home,for his subjects and style are different and mine are totally different.And remember we should write for the pleasure of writing,not for anything else!
    Regards
    mithila kannan

6. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Mr. Lakshmi,

I have to hand it to you... your post is really gripping, i couldn't stop till i got to the very end! The fine thread of humour is an added bonus.

So now we have the talented writer-couple Mithila and Lakshmi in IL, it will be a double-treat! Dear ILites, we are all doubly-blessed, aren't we?

Looking forward to more such posts that tickle one's funny bone, Mr. LAkshmi!

Padma

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mr.Lakshmi
    I was not aware that you were husband of our great and prolific writer Mithila. :bowdown
    As soon as I read your snippet I could see it was from a talented writer.:thumbsup
    Now I am proud to know talent runs in your family and we have more to discuss when we meet.
    Really nice meeting you both online:)

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,
    Thanks for your feedback.Both of us enjoy reading and always share anything interesting we read.Whenever I want to intimidate her,I make it a point to read out something about snakes-she is petrified of snakes having seen a Russel Viper in the bath room in our official bungalow in Goa.Some times I extract aprice in the shape of Thengai Thuvaial and Dangar[urd dal preparation]for not sharing news on snakes and wild life.That makes life interesting.
    Thanks once again
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Padma Srinvas,
    Thanks for your comments on my post.I have contributed a lot on management subjects.As an editor of my company house magazine Iattempted writing on subjects of human interest which would appeal to a mixed audience.I was apprehensive of penning my thoughts to an essentially a women oriented audience.I was not encouraged in this endeavour by my daughter when she commented that my writing is corporate style and intimidating.Having had the fortune of receiving and playing host to Kamalji has resulted in becoming an ilet.This appears to be a close knit family and what is family for but to exchange our ideas and in the process enrich our experience and widen our horizon.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sundarusha,
    Thanks for your feed back.It is a feel good factor which comes into play when someone reads your post and takes pains to give a feed back.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN