Sarira-Thrayam - Three Bodies of an Individual - 1

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    The pancha pranas which energize the body belong to the inner system. They are referred to, in the naivedya mantram, as you rightly said.
    I have only heard about vayu, pitha & kapa to be kept in equilibrium, in ayurveda. I do not know about what you have mentioned.
    A true teaches, if at all, evolves from interested & questioning students !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

2. Chitvish

My dear ksv,
    You are the personification of sweetness, whener you write to me !
    I have been attending vedanta classes for the past 11 years. What I post now, is the first portion called Thathva Bodha, which we are expected to be thorough with, before we proceed to Gita. That is a preliminary text by Shankaracharya. I hope this answers your query !:tongue
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

3. Chitvish

Dear Gyathri,
    I m very happy with your FB all the more because you get doubts which only prove to me that you are interested in understanding it. I cannot ask for more !
    Yes, karmendriyas, jnanendriyas, panchapranas - all belong to sukshma sariram. When I explain Karana sariram in my next post, you will understand better. K S is the most(est!?) subtle & a little tricky to accept, call it understand !
    I must tell Cheeniya what you wrote about his comment.
    I replied to him
    IL ites Chiththaththil thondrum w(v)ishkalai nan niraivetra muyarchi pannaren.
    This is how our friendship started !
    Please stay tuned, Gayathri.
    Love,
    Chithra.

quote=Chitvish;96611]This was posted by gayathriar:

Dear C

It is a very interesting post. Like Vidya, when I read about Prana, Apana, Samana, Vyana and Udana, I remembered the Naivedhayam and the Sandhya Vandhanam opening chants. They sound so familiar, but learnt the meaning of all but Prana today.

I am a little confused after the classification of Karmedriyas( Five sense organs of action ) . Are the Pancha Pranas Ayatanam( gross body ) or Karana Shariram? Are the Anthakaranams parts of Sukshma Shariram?

Chittam reminded me of Cheeniya's expansion of Chitvish, how very true...

-Gayathri.

<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","\u003cdiv style\u003d\"direction:ltr\"\>\u003cdiv class\u003dea\>\u003cspan id\u003de_113f9665e145dcf6_3\>- Show quoted text -\u003c/span\>\u003c/div\>\u003cspan class\u003de id\u003dq_113f9665e145dcf6_3\>***************\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>All the best,\u003cbr /\>IndusLadies\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\u003cwbr /\>~~~~~~~\u003cbr /\>Unsubscription information:\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:\u003cbr /\>\u003ca onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\" href\u003d\"http://www.indusladies.com/forums/subscription.php?do\u003dremovesubscription&type\u003dthread&subscriptionid\u003d26595&auth\u003d6ecb73a2255ba158204b869ecc9cf707\" target\u003d_blank\>http://www.indusladies.com\u003cwbr /\>/forums/subscription.php?do\u003cwbr /\>\u003dremovesubscription&type\u003cwbr /\>\u003dthread&subscriptionid\u003d26595\u003cwbr /\>&auth\u003d6ecb73a2255ba158204b869e\u003cwbr /\>cc9cf707\u003c/a\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:\u003cbr /\>\u003ca onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\" href\u003d\"http://www.indusladies.com/forums/subscription.php?do\u003dviewsubscription&folderid\u003dall\" target\u003d_blank\>http://www.indusladies.com\u003cwbr /\>/forums/subscription.php?do\u003cwbr /\>\u003dviewsubscription&folderid\u003dall\u003c/a\>\u003cbr /\>\u003c/span\>\u003c/div\>",0]);//--></SCRIPT>[/quote]

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  4. Chitvish

Dear Vidhi,
    Thankyou for your F b.
    Yes, you are right when you say that all of us want to know what happens when we die !
    Nothng spectacular happens, Vidhi ! We just "dissolve" - you will know it next week !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

5. Chitvish

Dear Raji,
    It is a great relief for me to know that you find these posts clear and educative.
    My only fields are cooking & vedanta, Raji - I am not an expert in anyother field !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

6. Chitvish

Dear Pushpavali,
    First thanks for dropping the madam & second thanks for joining us here !
    How can I be anything other than humble, my friend ? I am just a typical Chennai housewife, with no special attribute to boast about !
    But, I really enjoy answering all questions, within my limitations, ofcourse !
    Love,
    Chithra

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Ippa thaan ovvoru foruma discover panren.. romba nalla irukku intha topic. Konjam konjama padichu therinjikkaren ungaloda vedanta postlerndu..
    thanks for doing this. Its really wonderful to read all this, it gives us more knowledge about our heritage and our culture. You can expect to see my comments on every post i read of yours..
    lots of love
    Aparna

8. Chitvish

Dear Aparna,
    IL is now a vast ocean. I am sure any topic that interests you will be here! Do enjoy with all of us.
    Love,
    Chithra