1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sanju Weds Geetha

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Apr 18, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

We watched a kannada movie "Sanju Weds Geetha" this weekend. It may not be a very great movie, but it made me ponder over few things.

Sanju is a very brilliant boy who passes his engineering with a rank. He returns to his hometown in Coorg to meet his family. Its love at first sight for Sanju when he meets Geetha. He is bowled over not only by her beauty but her good heart when he sees her helping a poor woman. Geetha is a hard nut to crack as she has this stance of "I hate boys". Finally she succumbs to endearing and charming Sanju.

Lovers are having the happiest moments of their life when Geetha decides to pull out her bitter past, something which she has not shrared with anyone till now. She tells Sanju that she was molested by a relative in her childhood. She was at an age when she didnt know what happened but later as she grew up she realized. She never told anyone not even her parents for the fear of society. Sanju, a dedicated lover does not care about her past.

Her relative starts troubling her again and the lovers decide to get married immediately. But things turn worst when Geeta is assaulted again by her relative on her wedding day. Sanju in a fit of rage kills him and lands in prison.

Geetha not able to undergo the sufferings meets with an accident and loses her memory. She further goes missing from her house. She is also carrying a baby now. She finally dies delivering a dead child. And Sanju is shot by police when trying to escape from prison.

The director puts the climax as Sanju weds Geetha in heaven.

There are may questions arising in my mind now -

- What is the age when children should be educated on this?

- How and who should educate them? Especially in India parents may never talk to their children on this subject.

- What is the role of society here? How should the society treat and accept the victims?

- How should we punish the culprits?
    and many more questions.....

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

It is a very sad story. we should start telling the kids around 21/2 or 3. Some of the people feel that only girls get into trouble. But it happens to boys too. We saw a movie Called Monsoon Wedding. In that the director has done a great job of bringing this subject.

Society should support the victim and the family. Fear of the society, people hide the facts form others.

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai VC,

To be noted . Indians are scared of sharing certain things with their children. Now a days every female child should know the pros and cons of the happening in the world. We are always ending up with question only and not finding solution. As coffee lover mentioned even he boys are also into trouble. It has to be analysed and explain to the children in such a way that they should be mentally prepared to know what is good and what is bad for their age?.

4. vidchakra

Thanks for your comments dear. Agree totally that society plays a big role!!!

5. vidchakra

Sree, Thanks for putting forth your views!!!

6. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

We must tell the boys not only for their benefit, but they should know not to do behave that way to girls. I have heard so many stories about it. Please save boys and girls form the pain. Olden days, they wouldn't let them mix with each other and some one will watch them all the time. Things have changed a lot. With youtube, computer and more independence make the kids vulnerable to these incidents. It is our duty to protect them.

7. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

I always thought that only girl children need to be protected and now understand that also boys are to be protected.
    To protect our children, we need to become a friend rather than being just a parent to our children so that we can talk to them and teach them about such things. Also that will make the children reveal their problems and fears to us.
    My sister who lives in Aus told me that in schools they teach kids about how they should protect themselves. I wish there had been such education during my childhood too, for I was partly molested when I was a kid, when I did not even know what it is. It was a relative of mine. Only after I started growing up I realised it and guess what, I told my mother about it only last year when we went for a vacation and told my parents to cut all contacts with that person.
    He has a daugther of my age, and I still dont understand how he could be so cheap.

8. vidchakra

Thanks for coming here prss...
    Sad to know that you had to go through this... appreciate your courage...

9. rajeli

rajeli New IL'ite

pLEASE WATCH THE MOVIE ITS WORTH WATCHING IT

10. vidchakra

Thanks for visiting the blog!!!