1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sanitary Pads: Day To Day Issues

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by shwethap193, Nov 14, 2016.

1. shwethap193

shwethap193 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Recently had a conversation with a friend of mine on sanitary pads and some of the issues with current products. We primarily spoke about the disposal of the used pad and felt that having to wrap with newspaper, plastic cover, toilet paper etc is very annoying and sometimes embarrassing especially when out.

Was curious to know what are some of the other issues women face when it comes to using sanitary pads and if there are superior products already available in the market covering these issues.

Also would be great to hear about sanitary pads with unique and useful features.

Thanks in advance for your replies

2. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

For last 6years i'm using Divacup(menstrual cup), it is the most convenient female product I have ever used. I never bought tampons or pads after that. Menstrual cups are so much better for our body, the environment and our pay packet.

3. shwethap193

shwethap193 New IL'ite

Are they easy enough to find in India though. And how do they fare price wise?

4. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

This is the link I found to buy in India DivaCup Model 2 Post-Childbirth DivaCup (Model 1 Pre-Childbirth)://www.amazon.in/dp/B000FAG6XA/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_MaLkyb0TBP35H via @amazonIN
    Personally I used my cup for 5 yrs just recently replaced it; it was still good but due to little discoloration.
    Many eco sites actually claim that with proper care, one cup could last 10 years, diva cup website claims to change after one year but cup could easily be used 4 or 5 years, or in some cases, even longer. Its way less expensive than buying pads, plus No odor, no irritation, no itching, no rubbing against skin like sanitary pads, no rash. Seriously give it a try. I would recommend it to everyone.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016