1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sania Mirza ,& other matters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    Sania's wedding has become talk of the town before and after. Regarding the invitation,

A Pakistani court today summoned cricketer Shoaib Malik to appear before it on May 3 in connection with a petition that alleged he had "sold" invitation cards for a reception to celebrate his wedding to Indian tennis star Sania Mirza

A whopping five million rupees was spent on the magnificent wedding reception of Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik in Sialkot, where flowers costing Rs. two million were brought to decorate the stage, and expert chefs from Lahore were brought for preparing the dishes.
    The "chappals " part takes the cake. Once I lost my newly bought chappals, outside the temple. From that time onwards I left mine in the car itself and walk even if it is too hot.!!!!:)
    Actors Preity Zinta and Shilpa Shetty may well have been the faces of their IPL teams — Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals (RR) respectively — but Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Shashank Manohar has questioned their role in the franchises.
    with love
    pad

2. Guessss

Guessss Senior IL'ite

Hello,

very good post kamal sir :thumbsup and informative as well..... ____quake:).
    rilly liked your way of explaining the current affairs.

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No Problem Kamalji:biglaugh:biglaughat least men like you will not run behind them:hide:
    Rakhee Swant might get the platinum and diamond crown and become the president of pakistan and do all her nakarey baji with them:biglaugh
    Mallika Sherawat with diamond crown and become the health minister.
    Mamta kulkarni no idea what will suit her the best....:biglaugh

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,

Sania shoiab is stale news now..Let us just say AMEN and wish them all the very best.:)

But oh yess I just recalled one chappal stealing incident and was laughing to myself.. As college going girls we used to be very fond of the trendiest foot wear and in south Indian weddings we could never wear our elegant slippers to the wedding stage so one of my friend came up with a very innovative idea. she would carry a very nice looking shopping bag with her fancy slippers in it…and everyone would think she was holding a gift for the newly weds…hahaah crazy ideas of that age, no???

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji...
    all of a sudden the "edit" button from the FB is GONE???? anyways I wanted you to see Harley's( our lab pup) pics they are in the pets forum...I've posted them now...
    Also I read your comment in Soldier's posts regarding "sachets"... Thought that you will sell them to your neighbors!!!!... Kamalji... only sindhi business man can think like this!!
    K

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Kamalji
    The fan no of webpage " along with sania also take away rakhee sawant is around 65000." amazing.....
    I would also like to add Rahul Mahajan to the list .

About chappals I tell you a real funny incidence happened only last year.
    My niece with her hubby & 2 sons went to a famous Balaji temple in jodhpur & when came back as usual her chappals, that too almost new were lost.
    Any way she coudln't do any thing & started back in her car. only after half Km her son sitting in front said look mum the lady sitting on that scooter was in temple & she is wearing your chappal ( she must have left her oldies in temple )
    so they stopped her Identify the chappals & accused her about the chappal chori & she accepted & returned the chappals. :rotflhah a

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

very sorry for peeping here so late:bowdown. To tell you the truth, in this post, i enjoyed the jokes more:rotfl

Well for Sohaib and Sania, i think they are having sooooooooooooooooooo much free publicity. I hope your War heroes get so much, after they won Kargil War.