1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sambhar Uninterrupted

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rihana, Dec 5, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you

Amulet likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana, Ri you should write more, i read this on the day you posted, and a couple of days later, i made sambhar and had a smile..don't make much of it these days.. even took a picture of the green bhindi floating while it was still boiling to post along with this reply..and look how late i am.. better late than never ri....it so happened, i was asking the young man if he plans to get home for pongal and he replied i will try or else late night i will be there, please keep some sweet pongal for me and no sambhar for me..you can enjoy your 100 vegetables sambhar but leave me alone..well that triggered me into action.. (we make a 11 vegge sambhar for pongal which he does not like)

upload_2019-1-9_12-30-21.png

dh granny would sit in the living room, praying or waiting to take a bath, depending on the time i make, and would say, there is very less salt, just from the smell of the boiling mix.. memories, and more pop because of this post..

Thyagarajan, jskls and Rihana like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Onam sambhar... from Lekshmi Nair

Thyagarajan, Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  4. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Hi @Rihana ,

It doesnt matter how my sambhar turns out . Every time i made one i thought of this post and smiled . That opening analogy of baby is simply one of its kind. Sambhar will never be the same . I read it back then only but very very late to post it . I enjoyed it a lot . You should write more often.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

one more video needs an appropriate space to be in our reference collection:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG! What a lovely narration of a sambhar @Rihana! I never imagined it can be that wonderful..How yummy it might have tasted..now rumbly in my tumbly.(Yes I am Winnie the pooh!)..I always want a tidy kitchen which i cannot maintain on a daily basis and so i kind of whine :( ..

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.