1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sambavami yuge yuge !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rrg, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Sambavami yuge yuge !

“RRG Sir. Do you have any idea about PLR?” Ramu barged into my room, looking excited.
    I explained, "PLR means 'Past Life Regression therapy' in which the clients are hypnotized in order to access previous lifetimes. Now you can go back through time by recalling past events that may have led to difficulties in the present. Through the process of remembering, symptoms diminish, and a strong sense of relaxation and well-being often emerges. The purpose of experiencing a past life is to learn what has prompted you to make the choices you have made and heal the emotional distress which creates havoc".
    "By the way, why a sudden interest in PLR?”, I asked.

“Before coming to it, could you please tell me any success stories through PLR? ” Ramu continued. “ From whatever I had heard from a friend of mine, PLR could be the panacea I was looking for a major problem troubling me.”

“Oh, Yes! I could cite many examples. One is of a man who suffered from chronic shoulder pain since child hood. No amount of medicine / treatment could cure it. Finally, he resorted to PLR therapy. During the PLR session, it was discovered that he, in his previous birth, was a soldier who died while fighting a war. He was stabbed on his shoulder by the enemies and got killed. Once this was revealed in a PLR session , he started getting relief from his shoulder pain in this life and is reportedly leading a healthy life now.

"Similarly, a man who was suffering from a chronic pain in his neck, resorted to PLR therapy. During the regression, he remembered a past-life as German soldier in World-War II. He even revealed his name as a soldier, described the way he died, and expressed a pain in the neck. The hypnotherapist looked up for soldier records of WW-II and found an entry with the name his client had said, with a short note that ‘this soldier was killed by a bullet shot into his neck’. Once this info was brought to light, he started getting relief from the neck pain & soon was fully cured.”

“RRG, Sir. Does PLR cure only physical pain in the neck, shoulder etc? Mine is of a more serious in nature and much deeper, though not physical.”
    In a nut shell, his problem was about the animosity of his wife and mother towards each other. By nature, both the ladies were nice & soft spoken. But, their combination lit up grand fireworks. Somehow from day one of Ramu's marriage, his mother, Visalam, and his wife Renu never saw eye to eye on any issue. This was the main source of worry within the family.

Apparently, after a ‘kudumi pidi sandai’ (‘no holds barred fight’) that morning, Renu had packed her belongings and left for her parent's place - with an ultimatum to Ramu - to chose whom to live the rest of his life with, within a week. This had made Ramu run from pillar to post, looking for something that could bring peace to his life. Perhaps, one of his friends had suggested ‘psychiatric counselling’ - or better still PLR (Past Life Regression) with the hope that it could throw some light into the cause of their animosity towards each other from earlier incarnations and help in sorting things out now'.

“Oh, yes. You could certainly try. In this regard, I would like to relate an interesting case of a woman, Catherine, who discovered that people who were part of her past lives had been part of other lifetimes as well, including this lifetime. Also, people reincarnate in groups, to repay debts or share happiness, though not necessarily in the same roles or at the same ages as during prior lives. This realization helped Catherine to sort out many of her relationship issues in this life, by identifying past life personnel involved with their current life incarnations. Possibly in this sessions, your mother may come across some old incidents in her previous birth that is creating such rifts with Renu and would realise the futility of carrying on this fight life after life. This could be the starting point for mending their relationship", I suggested.

Ramu was not very hopeful that his mother would agree to any such counselling. He suggested my making an attempt to convince her.
    I met his mother the next day.
    She was in high spirits - with her DIL out of the way. I enquired about Renu, as a matter of courtesy.
    "Don't ask me. Andha kadankari (loanee) had once again run away to her parent's place. Shameless ones, they also welcome her with open arms and keep feeding her non-stop so that she could come back and fight with poor me with great vigour. I am already 70 yrs old and what will happen to Ramu after me? Kadavulukkuth thaan velichcham (Only God knows). Hmmm..."
    Hurriedly, I changed the topic. "By the by, how is your migraine? Last time when I was around, you were suffering quite a bit".
    "Why last time? This headache started the day Ramu got married to this wretched one. I don't know when it would leave me, if at all. ( I was not sure whether the reference was for the head ache or Renu).
    “Daily 'illadhadaiyum, solladhadaiyum' (non-existant and unspoken things) she drills into Ramu's ears. He is a changed person due to the continual pillow talk and has fallen for her guiles and implicitly trusts her. Of late, he has even started talking back at me supporting his 'dear wife'. He has totally forgotten it was due to me that 'he is what he is, today and not due to the one who came yesterday."

I realised any effort on my part to change the topic was useless. Instead, I decided to come to the counselling subject directly.
    " Coming back to your severe head ache that doesn't heal despite medications, I have a suggestion. Why don't you consult Dr. KM Rao in Big Street? I could get you an appointment in no time."

After a lot of cajoling & persuasions she mellowed a bit but wanted to know whether I was aware of any case closer home that got resolved through this therapy. I had no other go but to come out with a personal secret that I maintained all along. I related my own experience of auto regression that helped me to sort out some issues with one of my elder brothers. He died young but luckily, I could sort out the issues before his death in this life. After hearing me out, she condescended to meet Dr. Rao.

Dr. Rao, after hearing the case, decided to focus mainly on the relationship issue between Visalam & Renu. After a couple of sessions, Visalam looked better. She started asking for Renu. She asked Ramu to go & get her back fast as she was missing Renu a lot. We did not expect such a fast improvement; but, all the same Ramu was in the seventh Heaven. He left forthwith for his in-laws place, in high spirits, to fetch Renu back.
    I was quite impressed by the development and was curious to know what transpired in the regression session. So, next evening I went to meet Visalam. Even as I was wondering as to how to broach the topic, Visalam straight away jumped onto the topic.

“ RRG, Sir. I do not know how to thank you. Dr.Rao’s PLR session was great. I could realise that both Renu & myself were being born as MIL / SIL or SIL’s or mother / daughter etc for many lives now and have still not sorted out our differences. Even my head ache, the migraine, was due to her, as my MIL in the last life, throwing the eeya sombu (lead pot) full of hot rasam, at me that resulted in a deep injury / burn with quite some bleeding on my fore-head. Before I could recover fully from the injuries and settle the score, she kicked the bucket. Hence this life - for resolution of our issues. I am now able to clearly understand the reason for that subtle fear in her eyes many a times, whenever we had arguments. I would like to take immediate steps to put an end to this conflict once for all – right now. What is the point in taking it life after life?” I was impressed.

‘How do you propose to approach her, given that you both had such heated exchanges in the recent past even?’ I asked.

“Oh, simple. With a eeya sombu (lead pot)full of hot rasam. How else?” she replied nonchallantly.

Anbudan,
    Rrg / 3rd Aug, 11

8 people like this.