samayapuram mariamman poo choridal

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by sarasprabhu, Feb 28, 2013.

1. sarasprabhu

sarasprabhu Silver IL'ite

dear friends
    can any one tell me the date for 2013 poochoridal festival in samayapura mariamman temple and also when pachai patini viratham is starting in samayapuram.
    I googled a lot but the exact dates for these 2 is not available.experienced elders who have attended these and people of trichy may know about this.will be thankful to any one who throw light on these dates.
    urchavam starts on last sunday of panguni maasam and ther thiruvizha is first tuesday of chitirai.

thankyou

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sarasprabhu Sister,

I have heard about Poo choridal festival at Samayapuram Mariamman Temple, but hearing about Pachai Pattini Vrtham.. only now... Can you please elaborate...

Our Coolrdr sister can let us know the festival schedule, we will wait for her arrival to read this thread...

Thank you MAA, OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI

1 person likes this.
  3. sarasprabhu

Dear sai sakthi sister
    pachai patini vratham is devi samayapurathal will be fasting 28 days during this festive season ,we are not fasting and do you knw why ? for lokashema. i was shaked to hear our karunai thai is doing this for her children such is the greatness of amma.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. coolrdr

coolrdr Gold IL'ite

Dear sisters,

March 10th (ie tamilmonth -masi matham 26th)- poochoridal festival is starting
    March 10th to April 14th poochoridal festival is for 5sundays (masi matham last Sunday to panguni matham 4 sundays)
    April 16th morning –ther(Ratha or Chariot) thiruvizhla (chitrai matham 1st Tuesday ther)

Pachaipatini viratham

Goddess Mariamman undertakes a hunger fast on the last Sunday of the Tamil month Masi-February-March for 28 days for the welfare of all beings in the world. During this period, no solid nivedhanas are offered to the Goddess. Only tender coconut, orange juice, a flour called Thullu Mavu and grape juice are offered as Nivedhana in liquid form. She is showered with flowers during these days. This is known as Poo Choridal (Poo-flowers, choridal-showering).
    Let us seek ammans blessings...

6 people like this.
  5. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing wonderful info...

1 person likes this.
  6. sarasprabhu

dear coolrdr sister
    thank you for the exact dates of poo choridal. this dates only :bowdowni was searching for thanks a lot sister.one small doubt5th sunday is 7th april isnt it.pachai patini vratham starts on march 10th for 28 days aa:bonkcan u pls tell when this vratham starts at samayapuram.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear coolrdr,

Thank you very much for giving the details. I have not heard about these festivals and all. I have been there to the temple 2/3 times, but known these. Nice information shared.

1 person likes this.
  8. coolrdr

coolrdr Gold IL'ite

Dear sarasprabhu sister,
    Yes pachchai patini vratham starts on march 10th coming sunday and also first poo urchavam(poo choridal)!
    May baba and amman bless all of us!

9. sarasprabhu

Dear cool rdr sister
    Thanks for taking the pains to collect the correct dates and confirming the same fromthe temple
    may god keep u happy

10. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

nice information. thanks for sharing