1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Salwar kameez to Office

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by dreamyworld, Jun 12, 2011.

1. dreamyworld

dreamyworld New IL'ite

hey friends..

m new here so hii to all f you..i just wanted to share my concern with you .its like i have recently joined an MNC and girls here only wear western outfits whereas me i only wear salwar kameez and now i am realy feeling a it low cos they all are so fashion conscious and have a chick look and me only in salwar dupatta.. its like am feeling like backward..i know but still any of your replies can hepl me cos am sure u all must be experienced..

thanks in advance..

2. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Dont wear salwars alone always. Wear tops like kurtas which do not need a duppata and leggins / tight pant. This will be the first step which we can do as we dont directly fit for western outfits.

Then start with jeans and tops below your knees .

This will be comfortable for you i hope :)

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Dont feel bad for what you are!!!
    We should be unique and should not bother about other's outfit.Wear whatever that suits you like log tops,jeans,t-shirts only if you feel comfortable in them..Salwar is a nice outfit which you can make it look stylish with new design patterns etc.You can give them also a trendy look and they are not outdated still!

dont worry about others and go in your way!

4. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

hey dear,

rzlax!!! you are the one to be cool , not they!
    they are trying to adopt a style whatever it is... pff how fake! you are yourself!!!! that s worth a zillion!

believe me!!! plus there is nothing more elegant and feminine as indian dresses so be proud and stand tall, girl! you are thi BEST!

feel good and proud!!! yours lali

5. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

I have the same opinion as keethi... Absolutely agree... :thumbsup

Go for a small change at first and then you can think about western outfits...
    Since from your post it is clear that you are not feeling the best in wearing salwar kameez when everyone is nicely dressed in western outfits.. you can start making small changes and slowly get comfortable in the new attire.. Good luck! :thumbsup

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dreamyworld,

Very strange. I was quite sure I had replied to this thread, but am unable to find my post here.

All I want to say is just wear whatever you feel comfortable in and feel confident in carrying off. That itself would make you look good. It is not a great idea to try to wear something that you feel very self-conscious wearing, because then that will not do anything to enhance your personality. It is more important to wear what you like to wear and carry it off with an elan. You could follow Keethi's suggestion and wear long tops with leggings or with jeans. I don't know if leggings would be allowed in your work place, but you could wear those outside. That would be a good start.

You could take a look at some handloom kurtas like the ones that are available in Fabindia. They look ethnic at the same time chic and elegant. Those kind of kurtas and kurtis would go very well with jeans. Worn with salwars too they look very elegant.

So just go ahead and be yourself with absolute confidence. :cheers

7. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    As other friends suggest, be comfortable with what you are. I know some of my friends wearing sarees to MNCs. Self confidence is must along with your dressing.