1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Salt helps to get clearer Skin

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by AkshayaATM, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The water should not be too hot. if you are prone to bp fluctuation, then warm water is the best. and 1 cup for a tub of water for a normal soak butterflyice, if you have no issues at all. i am talking about 1 cup of rocksalt. you can also use just a few tblsp of salt..say around 2-3.

the next thing is some say allow it to dry. but i soak, then wash it off. never feel comfortable.

if you are planning to use it as a scrub, you can rub with salt..great exfoliator..but is a little abrasive if you have sensitive skin...just like sugar. add fruit pulp mix and use it as a scrub.. feel great as it exfoliates well. salt is the cheaper exfoliant compared to sugar...

P.S. namma ooru padikaaram/phitkaari/alum mixed water is suppose to reduce body odor, reduce itching too. not only that , if you think the water is too hard drop a piece of alum in a bucket of water, and let it rest overnight and take bath in the water.. this used to help 10 years back.. (the reason it maynot be effective now is the hardness is more comparatively..)

1 person likes this.
  2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @Shanvy, will try this out soon :)

3. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

Rub the salt on your body. leave it for a min and then wash it off. it does not dry the skin even without any oil. You can feel your skin getting softer.

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy, When you say rock salt, you're referring to the normal Kallu Uppu, right?

I used to immerse my legs in warm water with epsom salt during my pregnancy to relieve sore and swollen ankles... aah.... what bliss it used to be!

Padikaaram was used in our house when I was a child to clear out the impurities and the cool down the water. I remember my parents used to fill a mann paanai (mud pot) during the summer with vettiver and padikaaram. It used to be such a relief for parched throats during the summer!