Sai Vrat 9 Weeks

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by stayblessed, Feb 15, 2018.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Am keeping 9 weeks sai vrat. This is my 4th Thursday. The problem is in my house after periods we have to take head bath on 4th and 5th day and then oil bath on 6th day or 7thday and then only we can lit Diya for god or do any other poojas for god. Before taking oil bath we are not supposed to do any poojas for god. Today is my 6th day but today being amavasai I can not take head bath. My friend says for sai there is no strict rules as to periods and so I can keep fasting. But am a little skeptical. Can I keep fasting for sai today without taking head bath or should I skip this week. Pls can someone advice.

2. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

I would recommend you to go ahead with the Pooja. Sai Baba is a guru who can direct you to the right path.

As long as you are doing with the intention of not having to break your prayer schedule I dont think Gods can be angry with you.

Relax, Periods are a natural thing. You will not stop visiting temple if you have a wound in ur finger right?? Consider periods as same as that. Dont think so much.

stayblessed likes this.
  3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear DD @stayblessed ,

I am happy to forward my views on Vrat for Sai Baba on an earlier similar question. Hope this gives you some help in taking a decision on such doubts for Vrat for Baba.

"Before answering all your questions, I would like to clarify my thoughts on Vrats and Kriyas and Parayan.
    Shraddha and Saburi are the two attributes Baba taught for devotees.
    Shraddha means Faith which means total devotion which comes after surrendering the Self.
    Saburi means understanding our ignorance of time and events and relying on the Supreme being and having patience for deliverance.

While doing Parayan, it is not the mere acts of reading and having Puja. It is our devotion to Baba and our focus on Him. So, you may do Parayan either every day or every Thursday. But during the whole process devote your thoughts to Baba with sincerity.

To help your concentrations have regularity. If you do it at morning have a fixed time like "after your showers", but ensure you are regular and punctual and focused. If you want to finish one chapter a day, follow that strictly. if you want to finish two chapters a day, follow that. But be regular and focused and unless in extreme circumstances, beyond your control.

Baba was a non vegetarian. But, He did not prescribe vegetarian or non vegetarian. But, we all practice vegetarianism during Arthi's, prasads and Pujas. If being non vegetarian, you find your focus is disturbed, please be a vegetarian on the puja days.
    Puja can be done with the six 'S' with out much change during the whole Parayan period.-
    Samay- time (preferably morning or evening)
    Sthan- Place.( Puja place)
    Sadhan- Accessories-( Flowers, Prasad, water, lamp etc.)
    Swaroop- Baba's image or Murthi.
    Sloka- The Bhajan. ( Family bhajan/ Baba's bhajan/ Baba's Ashtotram etc).
    Smiran- The Thoughts/ and your personal prayers to Baba).

Please ensure you do not change these and ensure your total concentration.
    Please do the Parayan on any one chapter of Sri Sai Satcharita, either following an order or opening randomly any chapter closing your eyes thinking of Baba.

Baba is very very kind. He is the Guru who like a mother accepts a devotee as a child, accepting just the devotees love and giving it back million times.

May Baba bless you and guide through the Parayan and to complete it to fulfill your prayers.

Om Sai Ram.

stayblessed likes this.
  4. stayblessed

Thank you so much for the reply. I did the pooja. As you said dedication and complete surrender is what needed for any worship. But sometimes I get confused. Your reply has reassured that faith is what any god expects. Thanks once again.

suryakala likes this.
  5. stayblessed

Thank you vandhuamma. I did the pooja believing sai. That's a nice example . Thank you. So true God won't be angry if our intentions are pure. Thanks once again.

6. SallyHan

SallyHan New IL'ite

Hi,

I have started my 9 weeks Sai Vrat. Today being the first vrat I have already performed all the pooja in the morning and in the afternoon I got my periods. Will this vrat be considered or do I need to start it again from next week?

7. madhavirajesh

madhavirajesh New IL'ite

8. pinkpeony

pinkpeony Senior IL'ite

I did this vrat and my wish came true. Om Sai Ram!

9. stayblessed

Pls can someone give the pdf format or this book. I misplaced mine somewhere and I want to keep fasting now. When I googled am.unable to get a clear print. The page is grainy and letters not clear.

10. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite