Safety of emergency contraceptive pills

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by preetisal, Feb 19, 2013.

1. preetisal

preetisal New IL'ite

Hello everyone. As I am newly married and do not wish to have a baby for atleast 3 years, I visited a gynec to understand the various contraceptive methods. She told me about intra-uterine devices, condoms and birth control pills to be the safest form of contraception. The only query in my mind was that, are these 100% effective. For that she said, no form of contraception is 100% effective. If not used correctly, there are chances of conception. This was a scary dialogue as I wanted some 100% effective methods. Actually I am sharing this here on this platform because she told me some important things which I felt everyone who does not want a baby right now should know.
    She recommended using condoms or regular birth control pills, in case of its failure, one can use Emergency Contraceptive pills iPill in emergency cases and cleared a lot of myths about it. She told me that if taken very occasionally then they are safe and do not pose any threats to our body or future pregnancy.
    I thought it was a good feedback which she gave me and felt like sharing with everyone. Please do not burden yourself if you are not ready for a baby as no doctor will entertain abortion for no reason (unless it’s a medical emergency). - & why go through the trauma for the body?