Sadabishekam ceremony

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by vidyavisu, Dec 29, 2009.

1. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Chitra Madam had explained the seemantham ceremony with all events.Nice to read and recollect the events.
    Could you please explain sadabishekam ceremony with all events connected to that?As it happens to be a rare event ,i am curious to know about that.
    Anybody if you have celebrated sadabishekam at home,pl. do share your anecdotes.
    Vidyavisu.

2. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

15 views,yet no reply..................

:bonk:bonk:bowdown

3. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi vidya,
    i had the chance to attend the sadabishekam of my grandfather,,it is the 80th birthday celebrations and the rituals are almost similar to the sashtyabthaboorthy,,the addition being that even the grandsons and granddaughters and in some cases great grand sons and gd's also take part in doing the abishekam for the elderly couple.

the day prior to the main event is RUDRA EKADESI,,and the next day is the main function.my thatha had a saligramam with him(about 200 yrs old one),so there was also a rudram and chamakam(i guess this may differ for iyengars)along with saligramam abhishekam,,we all did archana to the saligram and went around it as a pradhakshinam.
    just as in a normal marriage,my paati's brothers got her the KOORAI PUDAVAI AND THIRUMANGALYAM,,along with other SEER,,my mom and her siblings also got something in gold and sarees for them as a part of the function..then,the procedings are similar to a marriage with my thatha tying the THAALI ,etc,etc,,but the main highlight IS thatwe can get to see the MARRIAGE OF OUR GP''S(which is not possible otherwise),,
    the formalities differ for each families,,our gp''s got dresses for everyone in the family and the other expenses were shared by their children..(my mom and her siblings)..i also remember seeing SEETHA KALYANAM in another relative's house and a vocal concert was also arranged.
    the fun part can be anything from cutting cake and blowing baloons to couple dancing:),,
    this is what i remember,,i might have missed out on few things as well..

reg
    aarthi

4. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

wow,aarthy,
    i felt really happy to read your reply,as every one says it's a rare opportunity,not all will get a chance to celebrate sadabishekam ,those who celebrate it 're really fortunate!!!!
    expecting many more experiences from our ILites.
    thank you very much.:thankyou2:
    VidyaVisu.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009