1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sacrifice for the nation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jan 27, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

dear friends.I was watching the programme jai jawan on ndtv and was really moved. The forlorn expressions on the jawans,s face when they showed their families on the big screen was really touching. the wives and parents of the jawans are really great. they wait for the jawan for years together without even knowing whether they would ever see them again. Some of the parents spoke of their children being jawans and how proud they were. so did the wives.It was really great.their sacrifice is incomparable.i felt very small when i saw the programme. God has created us to help others in our own small way. The jawans have proved it right. on having celebrated our republic day yesterday i salute the jawans and their kith and kin. my sincere prayers are with them for their well being. yours affly kanaka raghavan

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Yeah True Kanaka,

I too feel soo small when we compare ourselves with these families, who sacrifice so much and always live inperpetual fear that their loved one in the services maynot come back one day!
    Glad you broughth this thought, i too salute them on their sacrifices ......

( ps....i am reading the translated version of the "Love stories of the War Hereos" in tamil by Varalotti ....and at this point i feel so one with these jawans, and captains and brigadiers, who have a life of their own!)

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes it is a very sad thing to note so many live in a condition not deserving for all the sacrifices that they do, are u aware , my uncle who was in the airforce has to say this, while leaving for war which was more elaborate and rare then not like everyday now, the ladies used to dress very sexy and come to send off the men and ask them to hug if they want, and allow them to smooch and all, they say these men have a hung future and may or may not enjoy bliss, so we as the female atleast will allow this to them while they leave for war....what say u all...abt this gesture...regards sunkan

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

My Salute to Jawan's & their family from the bottom of my heart on this occation. Without them we never live a life peacefully.

5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

The parents, wives and children of Jawans are as brave as the jawans themselves and their sacrifice is equal to theirs. I cannot imagine the kind of stress and trauma a woman will undergo when her husband or son is sent to the warfront. If we think of them, our everyday worries and angers seem so petty and silly.
    My heart goes out to them.

Manjula