1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sach Ka Saamna - Will You do it?

Discussion in 'TV' started by GarghKavita, Jul 19, 2009.

1. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

This is probably the most controversial reality show on TV ever. I am sure most of you have watched or at least heard about it. This is the show where people come and answer the most personal questions about their life truthfully!

I just wanted to know, if given a chance, will you go on this show? Do you have the guts to face a lie-detector machine and confess about your life in front of the whole world?

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi GarghKavitha,

In which channel is it being aired ?

I don't think anyone will genuinely want to undergo a lie detector test with everyone watching them around :biggrin2:.

3. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Hi Garghkavitha,

What kind of program is this? I just watched an episode wherein a female participant was asked such rubbish questions. Some of the questions cannot even be typed over here.These TV Channels has become crazy. One such stupid question was " have you ever felt like killing your husband?'' What rubbish.

Do they want to break relationships, which is the integral part of our culture, just to earn money through TRPs.
    HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE MEDIA. I would have been happy if they had used this concept to build some positivity and optimism in relationships.

kirthiga

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    A similar program was there in an English channel too(I dont remember the channel and prgoram name).When I saw the program I thought my God will people go to any distance to get some money? I believe some truths are better untold.There are some truths which will hurt others for no reason and no fault of ours and theirs.Its just due to being human...for example there might be a time when we thought oh I shant have married.But its not that we really dont wanted to.Just at some particular moment we wished so and when you are asked the question did you ever think you shant have married what will you answer? To be honest it should be a yes but you know how much its going to hurt your partner's heart and its of no fault of his'/her's.Not only this, I just took an example.I had such contempt to those wh particiapted in it,you might not be happy with a particular person but I dont think you should say that in front of the entire world.You can let the perosn know your piece of mind prvately or atleast through your friends or dear ones(though I think this shant be done,what you have to say to one person should be said to him/her alone)....and now its started in star plaus(I remember so) too.I havenot seen the hindi version though.now a days people get into any show biz just for fame and money...I personally feel its so pathetic.

PS:NOM to anyone.

5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

The programme was called 'Moment of Truth' on FOX Channel. I have seen only 2 episodes, wherein the females being questioned have no shame at all about answering very intrusive/personal questions . :rantThey in fact seem very proud of themselves, sitting there & hurting their family seated nearby .

If you are uncomfortable answering a particular question, you can walk away without answering that question and with how much ever money you've won that far --- based on your number of correct answers.

One lady in particular was the last episode of the season ; very proudly acknowledged her affairs .. her mother & her husband were so shocked, the devastated hubby just bent his head down & didn't even look up at the camera until the end . Her poor mother started weeping so badly .. but that lady didn't bother at all !! Even the crowd kept booing her 'cos it was obvious she didn't give a damn for them & just wanted the money. The show's host kept repeatedly telling her " Are you sure you want to continue, it gets more difficult ? ", her only answer was " Keep going, keep going " !

All for the thousands of dollars she was expecting to win ... but at the end, she didn't win a single cent ! Harhar

For the last question " Would you pose naked for money ?", she answered 'NO' after a lot of hesitation [ on seeing the agony her previous answer had given to her hubby/mum ] --- ; but her actual answer during the polygraph test had been 'YES' ---- so she didn't get any money ; she lost her respect , :drowningher family & everything else .....

All TV Channels are just becoming more ruthless ..creating drama in the name of 'reality' tv...they just want to make money by increasing TRP ratings , at any cost !! As long as there are people stupid enough to participate in such crap , and mindless enough to kill their time watching such ********, the producers keep smiling all the way to the bank !

6. Roopali

Roopali New IL'ite

Well I would never ever take part in this show. But I don't mind watching it! :rotflI also saw it english version.

As far as the questions are concerned then I don't think they make up the questions out of thin air. The contestants give the personal information about their life to the channel. Nobody is holding a gun to their head. They take part in the show willingly.

The channel can't guess that a contestant at one point wanted to kill her husband... She must have told them something that prompted this question.

7. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Ok, but do you think the relationship will be the same between the contestant and her husband? What about the other questions. Those questions cannot be typed in such forums. Any game should be played for fun. What is the use of winning lakhs of rupees after hurting the feelings of your near and dear ones?

Yeah, everyone have their own views and choices in watching any program and many may like this program. It is their own choice. I was just giving my opinion.

kirthiga

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  8. AakritiM65

AakritiM65 New IL'ite

I think anybody who comes on this show for money should be ashamed of himself. How can they reveal such secrets about their life like this. Such shows might work in US as they don't have a family or society structure like India's. Here, one person's confession can affect his entire family.

Ok you confessed that you are cheating on your wife... So what? Should we applaud you for that? What about your wife, kids, parents??? What will they do?

9. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi Grace,
    I too watched "The Moment of Truth" last season. I was so wondering about the contestants who were so ready to answer any question for money. I am sure those people are ready to throw out anything for money. I am shocked to read that kind of reality show is aired in India.