Sabodana / Sago good or bad during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nagarathna.82, Jan 20, 2010.

1. nagarathna.82

nagarathna.82 New IL'ite

Hey all,

Im in my 4th month, can anyone tell me whether its good to have sabodana at this time. I have a craving for sabodana papad... Does sabodana good for health?

Views pls...... :bowdown

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i just had them today
    my mom or mil never talked about bad effects with sago

3. nagarathna.82

nagarathna.82 New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Lavii.

I also have some doubts about some dos & donts at this stage..

1) Of late im finding it difficult to have greens & raw veggies, I like them only if they are in spicy form like sabjis.. I still have the morning sickness and sometimes I cant even have my lunch properly.

(My daily diet includes: 8am-bf with a glass of mother horlicks, 10am-Little lemon rice / pulao., 11am - one carrot & lil dry fruits, 1pm - lunch 2 chapatis with sabji / rice & sambar, 1 cup yogurt, a glass of butter milk & 1 banana, 3.30pm - one apple, 5pm one orange, 8pm - dinner rice & sambar / 2 chapatis with sabji, one glass of milk, I also ensure that I drink atleast 2ltrs of water everyday)

Is my diet ok or should it include more?

2) Is it ok to use sewing machines during pregnancy? Will it affect my baby?

3) I have some family problems, due to which I get depressed soon & im finding it difficult to come out of those tensions, I heard that stress will affect the baby,

What are the solutions for these?

Please help..

4. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I never heard of any ill effects of having sabodana. I had them couple times in my pregnancy. Infact in summer when i was in my first trimester i used to boil it and have it with milk as my mom told me that it cools the body.
    Also ur diet looks good to me. I would also suggest you to include veggies like brocolli, spinach, etc. And pls dont stress out in pregnancy as it is not good for both of us.
    -Priya
    [​IMG]