Sabarimala Entry...deeply Disturbed..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Sati was a cruel inhuman practice. Unfair to compare sabarimala with that.

anika987 likes this.
  2. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Recent times, kerala is undergoing lots . I stay in kerala . V r posted here. Floods devastated the whole state. Re - building and coming back to normalcy will take time. Then this issue. Every fortnight v have strike. Most of the time its last minute announcement , many tourists and travelers and pilgrims are also getting affected.

Media hype is more in this issue. Two months back when my kids and DH went , it was a strike day and also two women were trying to enter the sannidhaanam. My kids didn't even know they (women) were standing there. It was a group of people chanting God's name. no protests were happening.

Media is just hyping the situation there,

anika987 and parvathi1980 like this.
  3. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Sati might be inhuman in ur views.. but it was considered very high religious belief only.. How abt other Religious things that are not followed now? Whats ur take on that..
    Many many religious beliefs might be inhuman for u.. In others view it will be different..

And Its not about Sati vs Sabrimala..
    Comparison is all about some religious belief vs breaking that..

Every one has rights to follow the religion in the way they want.. Religious practices are purely personal..
    If you are not entering sabrimala thats ur wish.. the same way every other women has all rights to enter...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  4. parvathi1980

Sati killed women. Not entering sabarimala does not kill anyone. And it's only one temple. You want to fight for women? Ok.. Fight against dowry, harassment by in laws, female infanticide, not letting women work after marriage etc. Instead feminists like yourself fight for a woman's right to wear a mini skirt or enter the bar or flaunt her undergarments or anything frivolous while the real issues get pushed under the rug.

5. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Watch your tone parvati... This statement shows ur standard and mind maturity..
    And i dont want stoop that low to reply for this type of comment about women..
    And its really funny to see that u r saying urself as big devotee and talking like this...

GROW UP... !! AND NO REPLY FOR U ANY MORE

sbonigala likes this.
  6. parvathi1980

I would like the moderators to take note of this id. A very threatening tone has been used here.

7. parvathi1980

What i said is right. No wonder you are getting angry. Keep fighting for frivolous issues. When the sati argument fails cry victim. Typical liberal feminist.

8. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

What a comparison between Sabarimala vs Sathi?. As i said earlier, we have our own instinct to judge our views. Nothing wrong. Go ahead and fight/discuss for the issues which close to your heart.

The real issue is to get the publicity here, not the religion or devotion .

anika987 and parvathi1980 like this.
  9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Even sati had oppsosition, people build temples for someone who committed sati after it was abolished.so there are people who will support however wrong it is ..we cannot stop moving forward for fear of few who oppose

The courts had given the permission to enter temple , it is legal to seek entry , it is illegal for people who are blocking them.

You want to fight for dowry and all other ils if society , fight it out who is stopping .

If few women wants to go ,give entry and be done with issue , it will slowly die down if the devotes are fake or it will increase if the devotees are true ... unnecessarily stopping and creating chaos in the name of god is definitely not what God would approve of .

10. parvathi1980

Again the sati comparison. Why is there silence on the rape of nun's and other women by priests in Kerala? Vatican power? Why is one temple such a big deal? The first few women who had earlier attempted to enter the temple were not even Hindu. Nice to see their devotion but it does not add up. I have an issue with the political motivation behind this. Why is special protection being given to these women by the state govt? Well we Hindus luckily have goddesses. We consider our women to be holy. Not sin. So please refrain from this fake women's liberation movement.

hino likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.