1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

s it our goodness due to fear of punishments?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jan 29, 2008.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Is it our goodness due to fear of punishments?

Is it our goodness due to fear of punishments?

We help others fearing others might not help us in time of our need.

We pray and worship God fearing God might not shower His Grace on us.

We compromise fearing others might neglect us.

We bribe fearing our work might stay unattended.

What more ladies....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vanaja,

I am v scared that if we do something wrong to others it will come back to us 10 folds.So I take a lot of care when talking,dealing with anybody.
    I believe in karma,if we do or wish wrong things for others it will come back to us.
    But sometimes i doubt the other way of karma,if we do gud things to others it will also come back to us and if others do bad to me they will be punished(maybe my pessimism speaking or my experience).

So I agree with u,atleast for me this fear of God watching and karma drives a lot of actions (maybe all) in my life.

Suji

3. srinivasan_vanaja

hi sujimallige,

thanks for the reply. i think it is a fact and everybody needs to agree.

4. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

dear friends,
    I exactly go by the words of Suji.I fear God for my karma.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vanaja,Vijun Suji,
    First of all, a very good topic to brainstorm.Partly we may agree that the good nature is brought out due to fear of punishments, but the very basic nature of one self is always shown in most pressing situations.Kindness,compassion are all inherited or cultivated due to good surroundings or from learnings from scriptures.So we tend to show those in built qualities.
    At the same time if we have some bad qualities, it definitely peeps out one time or the another..so secound question about it..hope all of u will agree to this! With this, may be sometimes we are forced to "ACT" too good fearing the punishments from god/any other person.Defintiely agreed on the point of KARMA.I too beleive on that.Its bound to give us good return on investment with HUGE interest....As you sow,so you reap indeed...

If we can cultivate the good habits and win over all the bad thoughts, then there would be no room for this fear- we can be our own self!

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear vanaja

As usual very nice topic by u......

I accept ur words partly at the same time as aishu said.....there is basic nature for everybody........

helping tendency ...surely one cant help anybody under any compulsion or pressure..or for any fear........i hav seen lot of people that they never extend helping hand to anybody......at the same time they get help in time of need.......hope even u might have met thosepeople.......

I feel if there is Trust towards GOD...we may not have fear......i beleive in GOD....blindly......i know even i wont pray he will bless me.........only if u doubt ur trust in anything.........it may turn negative......

I too strongly beleive in Karma...no doubt........

its my 2cents.........

7. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Vijubala, aishu and Latamurali,

thanks for the reply. i am receiving replies for this thread after two days of my posting. of course sujimallige gave her reply at first.

happy to understand that you people follow your conscious. your conscious will always make you do only good.