1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running !!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by senorita2019, Mar 22, 2022.

1. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I have been hibernating for last 3 months due to winter in NJ. I can already feel my clothes getting tight so want to start running to shed more pounds.

Anyone who runs daily, can you pls share your success in shedding pounds and what results you got ?

2. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

I am in the same boat and just started going to gym again. Before COVID hit I used to do strength training at the gym but once COVID hit I stopped going to gym and started to gain weight especially in winter. Summer I used to go for a 5 mile walk so it was better.

senorita2019 likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Senorita - I had very good success with couch to 5k. The pounds melted off and I started a running routine. I regularly run now too but I’m gaining weight like nobody’s business(thank you hormones). What I had going for me was a very good diet. It’s 80% diet and 20% exercise for weight loss. Running has so many benefits that if you enjoy it, it’s an activity worth putting the effort into. I supplement it with yoga but a lot of people I know have set strength training routines they add to stay injury free. Yoga has worked out well enough for me.
    Good luck and happy running!

senorita2019 and Gauri03 like this.