1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Running Interference

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

One book I recommend is "How to Win Friends And Influence People"

It's a quick read, yet if you read with open mind, you can get some pointers

1. Read inspirational books every few months. After repeat reading you get new ideas to incorporate.

2. Keep a journal of your interactions with people. What you did good, what you did bad, room for improvement, what you learned. Already, I am learning not to blab too much, when to keep quiet, how to cut down on arguments still have to deal with inner turmoil. Like I said, improvement is a work in progress.

3. If life gives you lemons, don't get angry, find how to make Lemon Pina Colada.

4. Just don't get angry (openly at least). Parent, relative, inlaw may say something, it may trigger buried feelings of resentment. Focus on how to end the conversation swiftly, and the way THEY want it ended. Then move out of Kurukshetra quickly. This is called "Running Interference". If it's one thing you get out of the book, out of this post it is "Running Interference"

5. Be the marriage partner you wish to have. No nagging, putting down, whining, complaining. All life events are trivial compared to marriage. If you have happy, successful marriage, you have most things already.

6. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. This is life-long learning process. You fall, you get up. You fall, you get up.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I haven't read that book.
    But the gist of what you had told tells it all. Really good is your analysis. Not only does it help in communication/non communication as required, it helps in relationships, be it either in familial or workwise etc.
    I am hearing the terminology ' running interference' for the first time and thanks for it. Yes, you have a good understanding of marital relationship, hope you get one of your choice soon. Failure is the stepping stone for success, don't we all see it in real life, from a toddler till end of life.:)

BTW I liked the way you introduced the your favourite dish/juice!:eek::flushed::D:lol:
    Take care,
    Vaidehi

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much!

LOL, I love the emoticons :)

vaidehi71 likes this.