Runavimochana temple in thirucherai

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by kitty99, May 26, 2012.

1. kitty99

kitty99 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ilites

My parents are planning for a visit to Thirucherai Runavimochana Temple .. I wish to know how far is the temple from kumbakonam station ?? How about abhishekam timing and fee for abhishekam for Lord Runavimochana .... Is there any special pooja procedures to be followed ?? Plzz help me out with informations

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

3. kitty99

kitty99 Senior IL'ite

Thank u sister for the information .It will be useful for my parents .Will share the experience about the visit to the temple

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Do let me know after they visit, we are also anxious to get blessed in that temple as we hearing about the temple quite some time, just causally are they visiting or on some pretext of astrology, if it too personal never mind... dont bother, Best wishes...

5. nadathur

nadathur Silver IL'ite

I visited this temple part of my tour to temples near kumbakonam last week.

This temple is about 15 Kms south of kumbakonam, about 4 Kms from kodavasal. When coming from kumbakonam, you take the state highway 65 passing through sakkotai, nachiyar koil. On either side of the highway are two temples. Lord Saranathan Temple (108 tirupathi) on the right and Lord Saraparameshwar Temple (Padal Petra Sivasthalam) on the left. The Saraparameshwar temple is also called Runavimochana Temple. This temple is relatively smaller compared to Lord Saranathan Temple, both in terms of vimanam and area.

There is hardly any visitors on days other than Monday, when the abhisekam takes place. Traditionally the archana is performed for 11 mondays (cost Rs 165/- approx) and on 12th monday abhisekam is performed (cost Rs 210 approx). If you cannot visit on all monday, you can register at the temple authorities who will perform and send you the prasadams.

6. lakshmishrirham

lakshmishrirham New IL'ite

i was told there is only one temple for yemen (yama raj)

THIS TEMPLE IS CALLED SRIVANJIYAM , 17KM FROM KUMBAKONAM STATION.

i was told if anyone visits this place he would have peaceful death without sufferings and no punar janam

i am planning to there in september