1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Rujuta Diwekar's DVD launch

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Jul 30, 2013.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Kareena Kapoor was invited to launch good friend and nutritionist, Rujuta Diwekar's DVD titled, 'Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right’.

The DVD features celebrities like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Anupam Kher and Richa Chadda among other celebs and talks about eating right and staying fit.

“You have to be very strong to have this belief and have the power of wanting to continue this way of eating because this is the only thing that can go on for ever. I don’t think one can go on not eating what you really want to eat for life. How long can that go on for, a low carb, or a low fat diet? It is not a life long process”, said Kareena.

Im not able to add pics for some reason. Click onthe link for pics.Rujuta's skin is absolutely glowing !

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/kareena-kapoor/kareena-rutuja-diwekars-dvd-launch

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

2. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Got the DVD yesterday . I have ordered it in flipkart .

I liked it , She insists the importance of eating wholesome meal , not only dhal and subzi for lunch and soup / salad for dinner .

3. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Was watching the DVD yesterday with my DD . Today she closed aher eyes and was saying , ".OM ... jhdfjdhfd .. Shanthi Shanthi .." before eating her bfast . [Rujuta , insists on a small prayer before your meal] . It didnt get registered in my mind , My mind was thinking abt only weight loss , calories . Happy my kid took it from the DVD .

2 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you actually pray before you eat, this is taught to all of us, even at school.my gran used to keep a fist of food aside from her plate for the ants, crows.

We have forgotten simple things that we used to follow. sitting cross legged. eating without talking much,no diversions from mobile/tvs/internet. today we often swallow food in a hurry.

food needs to be enjoyed, chewed well. the day we relax, enjoy and chew, half the maladies should be done with (indigestion, gas, acidity,reflux...)

and :thumbsup:thumbsup to your daughter.

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

priya, being a jm fan, have you read her books. i feel rujuta works or modifies on the same..

6. Yettobemom

Yettobemom Gold IL'ite

Well said! We have forgotten prayer before meals, such a nice tradition it is. You become more thankful and mindful while you eat in peace.

7. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

These were all said in DVD :) .

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yet to check out her books, then dvd. but as all self help books and fitness books, we know the basic principles, the basic issues, but we don't put an effort to correct them by ourselves, we look for catalysts from outside..and these books/dvd's sometimes do that.

leslie too teaches us the simple exercises we used to learn during our drill period incorporated into her walks. if only we did practice those exercises throughout..hmmm..now i do tell my kids to practice them without fail..

postures, walking tall , holding the head high are all taught to us, but we don't follow. (I include myself in the WE)

no more digressing or pman will be back with a stick...