1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rude Relatives..the End

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anika987, Mar 4, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Finally…faced my persuasive relatives and their questions as to why I avoid them and refuse to talk to them.

they compared my daughter and I lost my cool and lashed them out.

I told them of what hurt me be it their words or actions.I did not expect any remorse from them but what they said..shocked and disappointed me.

After hearing everything..all they said was “you have an inferiority complex” and “you have a psychological problem” and “you do not understand the love we have for you”,”comparison is normal between kids “

Whoa! That did it!

My life and the way I live is my choice.They kept intruding,teasing,humiliated me many times and they are now twisting saying I have a complex and I have a problem?

yes it did affect me but for sure I knew they were sarcastic and their humor was not at all funny!!! If someone stands up against them to tell them what they are doing is not right..then the person it is directed to is the one with the problem??

For eg: My brother was teased mercilessly for him being overweight and he felt bad NOT coz he wasn’t comfortable with himself but them shaming someone’s weight again and again and making it an issue.Anyone Will hate that! Come on! That’s disregard if feelings and blaming my brother for a complex?

Classic example of gaslighting…

I have given up totally.I just tried one last time to speak up and tell what is acceptable and what is not.Finally it dawned that it does not make sense.

It never will.

It’s not my prerogative to change them.With outsiders it’s easier to deal if they are toxic but with family it is very very hard especially when you grew up together.

I am done with these people for good.Mentally detached and good they moved away also.Gave them one small chance..after all family..but it’s just over.

just sharing..

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

:clap2::clapclap::grinning-smiley-048:

anika987 likes this.
  3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Good. Be strong with the detachment.

sarvantaryamini and anika987 like this.