Route Map: Chennai - Mayavaram needed

Discussion in 'Travel' started by aishu22, May 20, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Aishu,

Did you take the trip to Thirukadaiyur temple or yet to? Have you finalized your plans ?

Do update as to what happened and please do share you experiences ! Would love to hear about temple trips.

Cheers
    Krithika

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Krithi,
    We have planned for the trip during the first week of june (4th - 8th).We plan to visit all the near by temples too(god willing) and not restrict ourselves to Thirukadaiyur alone.As of now, we have plans to see mayavaram avayambigai temple,thirukadaiyur,Kumbhakonam, swamimalai, vaitheeswaran koil,Sirkazhi and also Thirukarukavur.This will include our kula deivam temples.

Will definetely update you after the trip is over.Will write a travalogue in detail if time permits dear.

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

Lovely to read the list of the temples that you've planned to visit. I've visited almost all the temples you've listed...Vaidheeswaran and Swamimalai is a must for us since it is Kula Deivam from my inlaws side and parents' side too !! We've been visiting these 2 temples for years now !! Always a pleasure and a divine experience for us.

As for Sirkazhi, had emotional and moving experiences in this wonderful temple !

Especially the massive image of Uma Maheswarar (Thoniappar) at the upper level is a must see...makes us realise we are so minute before HIM !!

Now, I will keep on rambling about my experiences since always been attached to temples,architechture and their importance.

Do share your experiences, Aishu !

Cheers
    Krithika

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Krithi,
    Nice to know that you are so fond about temples and spiritual experience.
    Vaidheeswaran and swamimalai are kula deivam for our family too! I have visited all the temples mentioned except thirukarukavur.This trip is especially for my hubby to get to see all the temples.Its long time (almost 4 years) i visited these temples too.

Will update you soon :)

5. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi aishu,

I live in Sirkazhi. The best route to take is thru Nh 45 thru tambaram, tindivanam, pondy, cuddalore, chidambaram, seerkazhi. U can break ur journey in vaitheeswaran koil as u ahve gud hotels here. I ll recommend hotel sathabhishegham. next day u can strt ur trip by going to vaitheeswaran koil, thirupungoor(thts where nandi moved for nandanar) thirukadayoor, thriunallar(sani temple), nagapattinam neelayadhakshi, sikkal singaravelan, thiruaavarani anandapadhmanabhar(like tiruvandrum u ve to see perumal thru 3 gates), n on ur return can stay in thirukkadayur. next day visit thiruvenkaadu keezhaperumpallam n if ur upto it u can also include koothanur saraswati, lalithambhigai, naramugha vinayagar n muktheeswarar(thts where rama is said to ve done karma to dasaratha) n return to mayiladuthurai n stay there. next day strt vist seerkali,(both perumal koil n shivan koil famous here) chidambram , n even cuddalore temple n visit annajaneyar in panchavati n back to chennai. if u need more info ping me

regards,
    Cc

6. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

hi aishu,

u can include swamimalai n thirukarughavur as u wish too. but if u include kumbhakonam u ve to devote one whole day for jus tht temples in kumbakonam. u can include uppiliappan, thirunageshwaram (raaghu kshethram) n mananrgudi also.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Charu,
    Thanks a ton for the info.Sorry i saw it only today, but we covered almost 9- 10 temples :) which we intended to.

8. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Krithi & CC,
    First of all tons and tons of thanks to krithi and her mom for enlightening me with good info about temples down south.We had very good darshan at all temples and comfortable stay too.

Here where we went:

Day 1: Chennai - kumbhakonam -stayed at ARK Hotel(suggested by krithi's mom) and visited swamimalai, thirunageswaram and few temples like aathikumbheswarar/chakrapani temples in and around kumbhakonam.

Day 2: Kumbhakonam to thirukarugavur - garbharakshambigai temple and then travelled to mayavaram - mayuranathar temple and then proceeded towards thirukadaiyur.Moved to Vaitheeswaran koil and stayed at Hotel sadhabishegam.

Evening we went to vaitheeswaran koil temple and since it is our kula deivam had loads of offerings and poojas to be done.It took almost 2 hrs for us to complete all of them.We then went to Sizkazhi( my grandparents native) and visited the sattanathar swami temple.
    Night stay was at vaitheeswaran koil.

Day 3: we started from vaitheeswaran koil and procceed to chidambaram and visited the Natarajar temple. We had breafast and then proceeded towards chennai on NH -45.

Since my hubby had to drive along the entire route, i did not wanted him to get tired out soon.So i restriceted out travel only to the main temples and avoided night travel.

Again we are planning for a tour next month, since we have a occassion in my family.So looking forward to a big tour nexxt month :)

Krithi, special thanks to amma.Please convey it on my behalf.
    Will write more on this and upload a few fotos, once i'm free.Have tons of work pending at office and my boss is Rant....me :hide:

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

WOWWOW!! You've given a detailed and crystal clear description of your trip amidst your busy schedule !!

I am so glad that you were able to cover so many temples in different places without much hassle !

I passed your thanks to Amma...and she was delighted to be of assistance to you.

As I mentioned before, all of us in our family are deeply interested in topics of temple, their importance etc..and it was a pleasure to provide you with all the information.

So...looks like your dh drove all the way !! Amazing !!

So, good luck for your next trip..and of course, if you need any further info..you can always call my Amma :)

Eagerly waiting to see all the photos...do upload them when you find time !

Cheers
    Krithika

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Krithi,
    Check out my trip fotos dear.

Attached Files: