1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Roti making

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by HJoshi, Jul 8, 2010.

1. HJoshi

HJoshi New IL'ite

I make decent (Ok ok) rotis. Roti experts please give me some tips to make excellent rotis which will stay soft for a long time.

Also is there a way to make rotis and freeze them uncooked. Then take out and cook them on demand?

2. hd131

hd131 New IL'ite

Hi,

U've patince to make rotis..good.
    Use Hot water while kneading the dough...roti's will be soft.

tc

3. vimalalucky

vimalalucky New IL'ite

I am also in the same boat.My mom mixes half glass luke warm water and half glass milk. But it does not stay for next day

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Try adding some yogurt or warm milk when you knead the dough. Also, make sure your tava is very hot when you put the rotis on it. A good test is sprinkle some drops of water on the tava, and if they immediately sizzle and evaporate, its hot enough. I'm not sure how to freeze them though.
    Good luck!

5. johnblack

johnblack New IL'ite

Roti is a flat whole wheat bread, a staple food of North India. Roti, Chapati or Phulka are same except for size. While making a Roti you should know that the tava should be hot, I like to add salt in the flour, I like to add a minimum of ¼ teaspoon of salt for every two cups of flour.