Rose Venkatesan Undergoes Gender Change Surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by dark_angel, May 16, 2010.

1. dark_angel

dark_angel Silver IL'ite

Till now many knew Rose Venkatesan as a well known television show presenter. However, on May 6, the world would recognize Rose Venkatesan as the first famous Indian personality who underwent a sex change operation when she would officially reveal his new identity to the general public. Given the fact that going public with her new found identity would definitely be one of the most significant steps in her life, it hardly comes as a surprise that Rose Venkatesan describes the day as her ‘first birthday’. Thirty year old Rose Venkatesan underwent a sex transformation surgery in the month of March in Bangkok and since then had been recuperating from the post surgical complications. However, now it seems that she has recovered completely as she recently returned back from Bangkok almost magically metamorphosed into an amazing looking women. According to reports, the popular talk show host was operated upon by cosmetic surgeon Dr Thep Vechavisit who performed a penile amputation as well as a vaginoplasty on Rose Venkatesan to completely change her into a women. While talking about her new identity, the chat show host stated to the media that after the surgery she felt like a butterfly as she feels so much like a women.
    [​IMG]

At the same time,Rose Venkatesan had only good things to say about Thailand where she underwent the operation as she emphasized that it was surely the best to get the job done.
    Rose Venkatesan, who was born as Ramesh Venkatesan, first came into the limelight in the year 2008 when she started hosting the chat show “Ippadikku Rose” which highlights a number of social issues.

2. dark_angel

dark_angel Silver IL'ite

what do you all think about sex change and its related taboo ??

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

that is gods wish and we dont know the actual feelings of such persons. anyhow it is wonderful that rose is having the courage to publicly announce and accept her personal matter. I wish the family of such persons should accept and cooperate with them so that they will not drive into any illegal activities like what we have heard. The society should also not treat them as those somebody. all the best wishes to rose.

ganges

4. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Rose's was the first trans-gender program on the Indian TV. Most of her shows were bold and closer to life. She has taken the right path for her life instead of oscillating between genders.

5. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

I feel only the person going through the life of a tran gender persin will know about it.Its a life we cannot even begin to imagine. I really like her for the amount of courage, confidence and determination she has.

She has opened doors for so many people who are like her and has brought a huge awareness amidst people.

Way to go Rose.

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I'm glad that Rose followed her heart and is living her life honestly. Suppose she had been like some people, and gotten married just to hide her real sexual orientation. Then not only would she have hurt herself, but another innocent person. So I feel she has taken the right step by coming out as a transgender individual and living life to the fullest. Good for her.

I always tell my husband, that had he been a woman and had I fell in love with 'her' the way I fell in love with 'him', I would happily call myself 'gay' and get into our relationship all over again. And I think, if I felt I was a man trapped in a woman's body, I would probably consider reassignment surgery just like Rose did. It must suck to feel like you were born in the wrong body.

7. leena30

leena30 New IL'ite

Hi Girls, I too admire Rose for her courage and following her dreams. We should support humanity irrespective of the gender and don't ourselves to the gender roles of men and women. Each one of us has some feminine and some masculine features. One should be allowed to live the way he or she wants. Also, one should be allowed to dress and don't bound dresses to gender. If you look in history, both men and women would do makeup and wear long skirts.

Leena

8. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

Hats off to Rose who daringly came out in public and hosted the show Ippadikku Rose sometime back in Vijay TV.Even In Pakistan also a unisex lady was hosting the show and recently she took part in an Indian reality show also . Karnataka Govt has recognised them as unisex and started enrolling them in the census as women or men as they like to be known their gender to be. This is a welcoming change.

I agree and glad that gradually some governments are recognizing them and they also need to live in this world, their birth is not man made its a gift of GOD and we as society acknowledge them whole heartedly.At the same time we should thank God fro creating us as human beings with all parts in tact.

I am just pasting a piece that I posted in my Blog somewhere in 2009 .

திருநங்கைகள்

கடவுளின் படைப்பில் எல்லோரும் சமம் என்றாலும், ஒரு சிலர் இந்தமாதிரி பிறவி எடுத்து விடுகிறார்கள். இதற்கு காரணம் யாரு?பெற்றோர்களா ,கடவுளா, இல்லை விதியா?

யார் பண்ணிய பாவமோ இந்த இரண்டும் கெட்டான் பிறவி எடுத்து உலகில் சாகவும் தெரியாமல்,வாழவும் தெரியாமல் திண்டாடும் பிறவி தான் திருநங்கைகள் .தற்போது நிறையவே இவர்களைபற்றி படித்தும், கேட்கவும் செய்கிறேன்.

இவர்களைபோல் இருப்பவர்களை பார்த்தால் பரிதாபமாக இருக்கு .

நம்மில் அனைவருக்கும் நன்றாகவே தெரியும் மகாபாரத சிகண்டி , அர்ஜுனன் இருவருமே திரு நங்கைகள்தான் .சமூகமும் கொஞ்சம் கருணை காட்டவேண்டும். அதே சமயம் கடவுளுக்கும் நன்றி சொல்லவேணும் நம்மை நல்ல படியாக படைத்ததற்கு .

தேங்க்ஸ் டு மீடியா, இவர்களுடைய வாழ்க்கையை பற்றி நிறையவே வெளிச்சம் போட்டு காட்டப் படுகிறது . நிறைய டாக் ஷோ, நேர்காணல் வருவதால், எல்லோருக்கும் நிறையவே சிந்திக்க நேரம் கிடைக்கிறது .

நான் சில சமயம் பிருந்தாவன் எக்ஸ்ப்ரஸில் சென்னை போகும் பொழுது இவர்கள் வந்தால் பணம் கொடுப்பேன், ஆனால் ஒன்று சொல்ல விரும்புகிறேன், இவர்களில் சிலர் ஆண்களிடம் மட்டுமே போயி காசு கேட்கிறார்கள் சிலர் தட்டி, கொஞ்சி பணம் கேட்கிறார்கள்.

என்னுடைய வேண்டுகோள் என்ன வென்றால் யாரும் இவர்களை உதாசீனப் படுத்தாதீர்கள் . விதி யாரை விடும்?

9. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Mathangi neega solarthu 100/100 unmaithaan.