Rooftop Restaurants in Kolkata

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by write2sreejata, Feb 11, 2009.

1. write2sreejata

write2sreejata New IL'ite

Hi ILadies,
    All set for the Valentine’s Day? Anyways, I have planned to give my hubby a surprise on his birthday which is on 18th, I have thought of celebrating in any of the beautiful rooftop restaurants of Kolkata. But I don’t know much about those, and cannot even ask him. So please girls help me know the names of the best rooftop restaurants in Kolkata.An early reply is very necessary...
    Love, Sreejs

2. aparnamukherjee

aparnamukherjee New IL'ite

All set? I am really sweating big time how my V day. Anyways, it is really very good of you that you are planning to give your hubby a surprise on his birthday.
    I remember one rooftop restaurant of Kolkata, more because my friend threw her birthday party there.
    The name is Ice `N` Spice Rooftop Restaurant. It is in the Linton Street in Entally, a really very nice place to be in. It serves both Indian and Chinese cuisine.
    I guess your hubby will love it and so will you.

Have a great time and wish him on my behalf.

Bye, Aparna.

3. bhaswatismiles

bhaswatismiles New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="Street"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="address"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Hey, There’s another one at Lindsay street! Its called Blue and Beyond (it’s the rooftop of Hotel Lindsay). It’s a bar cum restaurant. :cheers The food is OK but the view of Kolkata from top is fabulous. :shock:

4. diptisengupta

diptisengupta New IL'ite

Here another one sweeties!
    Rooftop at Star Theatre! You’d find a number of restaurants out there with a large screen. Love You All :thumbsup Dipti

5. bidishauroy698

bidishauroy698 New IL'ite

There is another good rooftop restaurant here - it's in Tollygunge, Spoonz Rooftop Multicuisine Restaurant. I have been there quite a number of times with my family, the food is yummy. The atmosphere will be perfect for couples. OK! And for birthdays too!
    Do tell us how it all went. Good Luck, Bidisha.
    :party

6. write2sreejata

Hey all,
    Thanx for helping me out. Though I have not decided yet which one to go for, I will surely let all of you know about it.
    Between, guess what I am gifting him? A photo of ours pressed on a cup, done from ‘Presto’. Those who don’t know about it, it is in City Centre, Forum and Highland Park as well. Of course there are plenty of other stuffs that I will be gifting, but this seemed to be the best of all. Don’t you all agree?

How was your Valentine’s Day (Aparna)?
    Love, Sreejata

7. aparnamukherjee

aparnamukherjee New IL'ite

Hi Sreejata,
    You should have told me about your gift before the V day, truly. Witsend This gift really stands out from the rest. My V day was more or less OK types. We went to South City Mall and did our dinner in Mainland China. Don’t ask me about gifts, I only gave him a shirt. On the contrary I was showered with gifts. Lucky me…
    Anyways, all the best Sreejata and Happy Birthday to your hubby.:birthday
    Love,
    Aparna.

8. diptisengupta

diptisengupta New IL'ite

Hey Sreejata,
    Wishing your hubby a very happy birthday! Hope you have a great celebration ahead. Also, thanx for letting me know about that 'Presto' thing, I will need it soon, as my anniversary is approaching.

Don't worry Aparna, it is just the beginning, you will have plenty of occasions for gifting him that. Ya, ya very lucky Aparna! This time I was lucky too for he gifted me a lovely Diamond Ring which I was wanting for so long on V day.

Sreejata do tell about your how your surprise went, it might help me too.
    Love,
    Dipti.

9. write2sreejata

His birthday surprise was over the top, I wasn’t myself sure that it would be so good. And he was very happy with my surprise and I went to Spoonz Rooftop and Multicuisine Restaurant. At the end of the surprise his friends and relatives joined us, it was preplanned. All in all, it did really turn up very well.
    And, Thanx everyone for providing me the names, this restaurant was quite good.
    Tell me whose hubby’s birthday is coming; I am an expert now in giving surprises I think. Lol!!!
    Love,
    Sreejata

10. bhaswatismiles

bhaswatismiles New IL'ite

Hey Sreejata,

Good to hear that you had a lovely surprise for your hubby’s birthday. Between you dint tell us what else did you gift him other than the cup. Please share, this might help me, as I need to cool someone off. Hope you understand!!! Bye,Bhaswati