1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic atmosphere Indoors.....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by brindhak, Apr 12, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

How to create a romantic atmospher Indoors......

When planning an intimate dinner,use your imagination and ingenuity to arouse the senses with beautiful sights,sounds,flavours,and aromas.

Set the mood by playing somr soft, romantic music.Classical music
    is usually a safe bet,as are jazz and soul.

Fill the room with a dramatic array of flowers to add visual Interest as well
    as inexpensive elegance..

Light the room with bright,slow burning candles.

Plan and prepare a simple yet elegant meal.

Include classic romantic fare such as Straw berries....

Use you best China and flatware and select table linens and napkins in
    soft and sumptuous fabric.

Cheers!!!
    brindhU

2. Anirajiv

Anirajiv New IL'ite

Do you have any special recepies for such occasions?

Do share.

Anita

3. Capricorn

Capricorn New IL'ite

Hey Anita

Chocolate always works wonders..I heard it increases happy hormones and feelings of love and beats depressive or bad thoughts..try some chocolate cake etc..

Most important..cook your husbands favourite dishes...incase if you both have a common interest then cook those..finally all of it is to increase the love and affection b/w the couple and set the mood for romance...:)) good luck girl...by the way put on some nice lingerie.....

4. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

That's true! But another tip is that for desserts, I suggest doing some "finger foods" (foods that you must use fingers to take and eat). This can automatically bring you closer at the end instead of something like a cake pieces.

One classic finger food is strawberries dipped in chocolate. Just heat up some chocolate and make it creamy/liquidy. And however many strawberries you want, you can dip in it and eat.

Other romantic foods can be found here: Lovingyou.com: Recipes for Two (western recipes)

For indian foods, just prepare the favorite dishes.

Also another important tip is that you shouldn't make a FULL favorite sumptuous meal that ur spouse eats till he can't even get up and walk. So plan on a light but good meal so there's still energy left for "other" things. ;)

Here're some well-known aphrodisiacs you might want to try too:

CHOCOLATE
    Chocolate known as "Love Chemical" is the best mood stimulant and booster. Chocolate contains phenethylamine - a safe natural ingredient that is released in the brain when positive emotions such as falling in love are experienced and is a chemical similar to the substance that is automatically released by the body while making love to your partner.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HONEY[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Honey has been called the nectar of the gods. The Romans put it at the top of their passion food list. And in fact, it is rich in B vitamins, nutrients that help power the sex drive. Sweet and nourishing, honey has long been used as an aphrodisiac. Try mixing some herbs and spices with honey and add it to your favourite tea for a real treat.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OYSTERS[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Oysters have long been considered a food for lovers and if you really want to make your night big serve oysters for dinner. The man is all yours. This legendary food is rich in zinc, a mineral that boosts production of sex hormones.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    GINGER

Ginger has long been considered a spicy treat for lovers. It was used by the ancient Egyptians to restore their sexual vitality. It is said to sharpen the mind so one can focus all their attention toward the act of lovemaking!

GARLIC

Garlic is one of nature's true miracle foods. It enhances your sex drive to such enormous level that love making turns out to be a real passion. It also stimulates the nervous system, making sex more pleasurable. So have garlic in your diet regularly and forget about smelling garlic.

HOT 'N' SPICY
    Many people claim that extra-hot and spicy foods heat up their desires and put them in a romantic mood. Try getting ready for some red-hot romance with red-hot chillies and hot and spicy curries.

VANILLA

Vanilla has been called Mother Nature's sweetest scent. It has been claimed to drive men wild with passion and desire and its unique aroma puts both guys and gals in the mood for love. Try some vanilla scented candles in your house or burn some vanilla scented incense to really set the mood for a night of lovemaking.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FIGS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Figs have been around since biblical times and actually figs were referred to in the bible as being one of the nutritious staples and aphrodisiac. The shape and texture of this legendary love food stirred the imagination of the ancient Turks and Arabs.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LOVE POTION
    You can try another love boost, by adding rose petals, ginseng (Chinese herb), cloves or cinnamon sticks to your favourite beverage, letting it steep for one to two weeks, then being sure to strain well. Wine or juice is recommended for this and when ready, a little glass of it can get you and your partner in the mood for love.
    [/FONT]
    Seasons India :: Spice Up Your Love Life Tips

Good luck ladies! :D

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank You Brindha.. for starting this here.. I am going to copy your ideas and surprise my hubby pretty soooon!

6. Bhiku Mhatre

Bhiku Mhatre Senior IL'ite

Brindha : Nice pointers, I am assuing men are allowed to steal this idea when trying to impress women or in my case making up for some foolish mistake :)

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear BrindhU,

Great thread!

When I read your lead post thought about dressing up suitably. Then found out another IL'ite coming up with that.

Before marriage, we all used to have each and every meal together at home having a nice time. In school and college, the lunch session with friends was always wonderful!
    Now, for parctical reasons it is not possible. Kid has to sleep early, I have my food at regular timings and DH is so irreugular in timings.

Now, whenever he is free, I make sure having meal together.

8. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

Arranging some candles, wld be so romantic..!!

hi IL's ,

a very informative thread indeed..!! Bow...
    I have tried a candle light dinner with my Dh recently...and which was so memorable...he was too much surprised and was very much impressed n loved the way i served the dinner to him with all his favorite recepies ,well cooked than ever..!!
    It was so romantic...Have some beautiful candles arranged at the dining table, place some flowers in the hall along with a candle too...it adds the romantic atmosphere more..!! and also dont forget to arrange candles in ur bed room , i strongly say this wld really involve both of u in making Love..!! Sure , Try this Out and gimme ur experiences..!! all the best IL's... Computer Typing